This board is bad for you

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

This board is bad for you

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 pm

This board is the Facebook of reggae music so if Facebook is bad for you.... http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/facebook-bad-for-you-health-effect-impact-researchers-admit-a8113596.html
Ranking Glasses

Re: This board is bad for you

Postby Inyaki » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:03 pm

I don't think this This board is the Facebook of reggae music, not even in the golden years 10-15 years ago, when it was very busy.
Inyaki

Postby jb welda » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 pm

More like the Phased-Out Book. And proud of it.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:30 am

Inyaki wrote:I don't think this This board is the Facebook of reggae music, not even in the golden years 10-15 years ago, when it was very busy.

No, it's more like Twitter. :D

I remember those days (my tag was Ray then) but I can live without Zoki or whatever his name was.

Constantly looking at screens and not being able to switch off isn't healthy. Posting something and waiting for a response, or acknowledgement / recognition in other words, is just short term gratification. Down time is healthy as is face to face human interaction.
Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:20 pm

I am sure Zoki can live without you as well. Zoki is a real person who has accomplished way more in the way of social justice than you would ever hope to. Once again you are totally off base in your characterizations, and you do not even know it.

Now i expect the blow back on this to begin. Empty barrel and all that.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Idolising someone who openly advocated raping girls? You have surpassed yourself this time.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Dubdirectory » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:32 pm

I see this board as successor of rmr.
Back in the days nobody thought that the internet would be turned into a means of surveillance and that censorship would spread without people objecting.
Facebook has got nothing in common with this board.
Dubdirectory

Postby jb welda » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:16 pm

>Idolising someone who openly advocated raping girls?

Know what? after smoking a spliff I have decided you are not worth expending brain cells on, and I think I will be on my way. Have a nice Christmas.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 am

..and to you JB. It will be nice to have some screen-free time.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:10 pm

Oh jesus, Ranking G...I think there were maybe a couple of Rays back then and one of them was the same type of pain in the ass of constipated conversational style as YOU! Not at an insult per se Ranking but just an observation...you are analytically and conversationally wound tighter than a hunk of coal turning into a diamond. And the ironic thing is, you are kind of like what JB used to be like, but has become much more reasonable in his old age.

But as to the topic of Facebook and the old board having anything in common shows that you are seemingly unable to see past the most cursory of observations when it comes to certain topics or ideas. It's really quite fascinating because you seem naive to the point of looking like an idiot at one moment but then have some relatively well thought out reasonings at other times so maybe it's just a matter of intellectual experiences at play but maybe you should get that looked at.

Facebook and any other "social" media has one major thing in common, it is implicitly, explicitly and absolutely anti-communication. Communication being the EXCHANGE of ideas, thoughts opinions etc. The key part is the exchange....that's what used to happen with human beings before "social media." It is now a one way street from both sides...you talk, then I talk and then you talk and then I talk and then you talk, over and over and over. No one listens, no one adjusts or follows any logical or even illogical progression of a conversation or exchange. Everything that is going to be said is seemingly already thought out or known before it is said independent of what new information or idea may be introduced in the course of the two in-humanoids exchanging mouth noise to the ears. Any conflicting information is deleted from awareness or consciousness or out right shunned or ignored. Anyone who continues to intrude on people's set ideas is ostricized, almost as an emotional or intellectual reflex...unless of course your way of going against the grain is of a way that has already been sub-consciously sanctioned by the general public. If it is of any real consequence or unrecognized "content" then it will be deleted deleted deleted in one way or another, either by outright rejection, and if that doesn't work by appropriating it's base structures and ideas to turn it into some conformist approved manner.

At the end of the day, the only response you will actually get is stone dead blank stares and you will not be engaged. It is absolutely immature and infuriating to anyone with any morsel of intellectual curiosity. That is the end result of "social media."

The old board, conversely, was an entertaining, social and intellectually engaging EXCHANGE of ideas, opinions, information from all different sorts and the topics ranged from the absolutely absurd to the most serious of topics and it was all done with a pretty full range of psychological and intellectual depths. And at it's most stimulating but short-lived time it was without any censorship of any kind and it was a glorious thing to behold. And it just occurred to me while writing this that most nostalgia seems to have a pretty common theme in that it seems to be about a time when one thing or another was allowed or around that no longer exists and the place or thing is always worse off for not being around or allowed anymore.

So either you are the most amateurish of provocateurs or you are the most professional of idiots in comparing social media to the blood and fire message board.

Now do what you do best and take the gas out of this thread and bring it to a full constipated stop.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Novice wrote:So either you are the most amateurish of provocateurs or you are the most professional of idiots in comparing social media to the blood and fire message board. -Me-

I think that most people can see that although that there is a serious element to this post, my comparison of this board to Facebook was obviously tongue in cheek.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Yes it always appears as if your posts are tongue in cheek but then you engage in that tongue in cheek post as if it is a proper post and then you claim tongue in cheek again or some other sort of retreat.

I don't think anyone has any idea of what you properly think of any one subject or another on account of your fickle attitude towards any discussion...excluding that cannabis psychosis thing which you made as clear as possible, I suppose, but were pretty wrong about. The biggest problem with mental illness is people who aren't mentally ill diagnosing and explaining mental illness AND people who are mentally ill being unable to properly get across what it is they are going through.

Proper communication between people should release information and knowledge to the people communicating not only about the topics being discussed but also about themselves both to others and to themselves.

You should let your guard down a bit more, your responses always seem like you are trying to protect something or another, most likely your pride, but it's unnecessary, believe me no one cares as much you(or anyone) might think it does. If I wanted to play devil's advocate I might say that what you are doing is a form of mental illness that I could blame on some sort of lifelong, societally accepted psychosis and that you just stop doing that "one" thing that caused you to and is causing you to continue having that psychosis or effects of that psychosis....but that would sound really dumb, wouldn't it?

-Me-
Novice

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:04 pm

I post some serious topics and some not so serious topics which I'll continue to do until the Moderator tells me otherwise. People are free to read them and to respond if they want to. If my posts don't suit some people they can just ignore them.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 am

Novice wrote:Oh jesus, Ranking G...I think there were maybe a couple of Rays back then and one of them was the same type of pain in the ass of constipated conversational style as YOU!

I was obviously the other one. :D
Ranking Glasses

Postby John Eden » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 am

bump
John Eden

Return to General discussion