m.rose - bogus badge musicians

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

m.rose - bogus badge musicians

Postby SolarHighPower » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:23 pm

who are the musicians on this release? sounds like revolutionaries or taxi production... wasnt too sure so I thought lets ask the experts!
SolarHighPower

Re: m.rose - bogus badge musicians

Postby jb welda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:17 pm

The 12" was released on germain/revolutionary sounds label, so I kind of doubt it was the Revolutionaires (they were too early for this), might be sly and Robbie or might be some more anonymous musicians from the Germain stable. Only other place i know of this track being released (in single form) would be Roses own Grammy Rose label, so again, no real clue to who the musicians might be.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby finbar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:05 pm

The cut originally came out on Rose's "Grammy Rose" label, and I know that it features Squiddly Cole on drums, Chris Meredith on bass, and two keyboard players I can't fully recall, one might have been Tony Asher.

Rose had a North American tour lined up with this band as well, but it was cancelled because they couldn't book enough dates......promoters were expecting a more "Black Uhuru" sound, which his solo stuff isn't.

I still have a couple of "Bogus Badge" promotional bumper stickers kicking around, Michael printed a bunch as it it was his first tune on his own label. There's another quality tune on his label "Hurry Home Baby", although it also isn't typical of the Uhuru sound.
finbar

Postby jb welda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 pm

hurry home baby was also on one of those japan only Rose full length releases.

one love
jb
jb welda

Return to General discussion