No don't legalise it

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: No don't legalise it

Postby jb welda » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:06 pm

>Maybe the establishment is afraid of this because we might see how s**t life can be for many and
>demand change or isolate ourselves from it all.

B - I - N - G - O

That concept has been put forth many times and I personally believe there is a lot to it. Better (for the powers that be) that people stay drunk and hooked on a TV set than be allowed, or worse, encouraged, to think about the world around them too much.

And as for the out of body experience, it doesnt persist. The first time was the only time for me. And i dont much like being out of control either; it wasnt an out of control experience for me, it was more like an introspective thing. And introspection can be dangerous or scary for a lot of people.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Novice » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:18 pm

I don't think anyone really enjoys the feeling of losing control, especially of their faculties. I don't think a "soul" leaves the body during so called out of body experiences. I think it's no different than any other sort of hallucination aside from being very acute, specific and highly detailed. So called seeing one's self over their body and seeing the room could just as easily be explained as an elaborate daydream or work of the imagination that is brought on so strongly that it is felt physiologically and it's not that you are so much seeing yourself or the room you're in so much as you are seeing a picture your brain has created using all the stored information about yourself and said room to recreate the image in your mind. I had an incident once when I was younger and had come home from work a bit tired and just sat on my bed against the wall and had closed my eyes for a few moments. A little while later I was just staring into my room when it occurred to me that my eyes were closed, I was fully conscious and realized my eyes were closed but I was seeing my room, more or less as if they were open. It might have been more weird if it didn't seem so natural and I remember saying to myself what's going to happen if I open my eyes and I did and immediately regretted it because I should have played with or examined the situation a little more but it was too late at that point. Obviously I wasn't really "seeing" with my eyes clothes, as far as I know but my brain was recreating, seemingly in real time, the picture I knew of my room/surroundings.

I think it's more than "cannabis mindfulness." I don't think weed makes you think more deeply. I think it does a couple of things in that respect. We think deeply enough just fine without weed or any help, the problem is most of the things we are thinking about, or deeply about, is not really brought directly into our consciousness or our immediate attention. Psychology explains this by way of applying it to unconscious thinking or the subconscious. If a person were to really really pay attention they could be somewhat or pretty aware of what or how they are thinking unconsciously. What I think weed does, either by it's psycho-tropic properties or just by the fact that it can relax you and free you of distractions is to make it easier for you to pay attention to or give attention to the things that are normally more unconsciously thought or even just giving more considerations to things that are consciously thought. This is no trick in my opinion, as is evidenced by a sober person who may be in a very relaxed or stress and distraction fee environment being able to think and concentrate more clearly or even enjoy music or movies more fully (another "effect" attributed to weed). So that would be one way it "makes" people think more so called deeply. Another thing it might do which is a supplemental to the previous is to just make it easier for previously ignored thoughts or considerations to permeate to the forefront and "nudge" you to give them more than a cursory observation.

Of course the establishment is afraid, though the money from taxes to be made by legalizing weed might have swayed a few, I'm sure the more "forward" thinking are doing their cost/benefit analysis to decide if the money to be made and the positives from that outweigh the long term implications of people possibly uniting in their thought processes' and thinking on issues that could lead to a far too strong majority of people who's ideas could potentially jeopardize their future endeavors, nefarious, greedy, selfish and unfair as they might be.

I don't think anyone likes the feeling of losing control but I guess we have to be aware that our control has been taken away before we can begin to feel the unpleasantness.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Tune In 2 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Tune In 2

Postby itsmeagain » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:45 pm

jb welda wrote:>I work with people whose brains have been mashed permanently by cannabis.

and they get better performance evaluations and more regular raises in pay than you do?

one love
jb

Do they?
Good to hear.
itsmeagain

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 am

Race - an interesting angle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3rfm0_BDJQ
Ranking Glasses

Postby drwatts53 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:33 am

I've just come across an old obituary of Prince Jazzbo which said that he died of lung cancer at the age of 62 - the same as Justin Hines, who also had lung cancer. This reminded me of Keith Hudson, who died of lung cancer at a frighteningly young age (37 or 38). I was shocked recently to learn from a Steve Barrow post on Facebook that he has less than 50% lung capacity these days - presumably because of earlier smoking.

Which leads me to wonder: how many reggae people have died prematurely from smoking-related diseases, specifically lung cancer?
drwatts53

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Interesting but was their lung cancer due to weed alone, cigarettes or weed mixed with tobacco?
Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:12 pm

My bet would be that it had nothing to do with cannabis and everything to do with tobacco. I was astounded (perhaps appalled would be a better word) to find that those big spliffs you see dreads smoking (in England more than Jamaica) were 95% tobacco with just a little low grade weed mixed in instead of the 100% strong herb I imagined they were. As far as I know, Steve Barrow doesn't even smoke herb, he declined when I offered him some when I visited him a few years ago, I don't think he even took any for later, so I am pretty sure it was the tobacco that was giving him lung problems.

Of course this is all a laymans view

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:34 pm

People couldn't afford to smoke pure weed so they mixed it with tobacco.
Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:41 pm

And that is where the problem begins. Inhaling tobacco like one normally does with herb is not recommended on the short term much less the long. So I am guessing maybe that has something to do with some of them passing from the lung cancer. But the truth is, in most urban areas, the air itself is poison and one can pretty much expect it will affect one somehow, at some point.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Novice » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:43 am

Inhaling tobacco like weed is not recommended is a bit of an understatement. I highly doubt even the heaviest of tobacco smokers would not have a difficult if not impossible time inhaling tobacco like weed, at least not the tobacco found in your average name brand cigarette and not for any extended period of time. I was in a friend's dorm room back when and out of boredom waiting to go out one of my friends took a hit of tobacco from a small bong and would have regretted it instantly but he had to wait for the minute and a half to two minute coughing fit he had to endure first before he could even think of never doing it again.

95% tobacco to 5% weed begs the question, why bother with the weed and the whole charade to begin with. Might as well just get out a pipe and monocle and make like the colonizers as opposed to the colonized!

-Me-
Novice

Postby itsmeagain » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Cannabis smells foul doesn't it people?
itsmeagain

Postby jb welda » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:29 am

I guess that would be a matter of opinion.

My opinion: its one of my favorite smells on earth. They should bottle it and sell it, and i am sure someone somewhere does.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 pm

A bit like the smell of fish? :wink:
Ranking Glasses

Postby itsmeagain » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Many's the time I've been surrounded by the smells of both fish and cannabis, at carnivals in different places.
itsmeagain

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion