How to connect1 x Neutrik NL-4 SpeakON1 x 1/4'' TS Jack,

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

How to connect1 x Neutrik NL-4 SpeakON1 x 1/4'' TS Jack,

Postby jah_vaults » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:05 am

How would I connect 1 x Neutrik NL-4 SpeakON1 x 1/4'' speaker input connectors to a normal amplifier which only has red plus and black minus speaker connections. Is it possible more help please
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Re: How to connect1 x Neutrik NL-4 SpeakON1 x 1/4'' TS Jack,

Postby Rocket Man » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:53 am

you could remove the connector and wire the loose ends in to the binding posts
Rocket Man

Postby jb welda » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:38 am

First of all, you should ask yourself why you are connecting something kind of obviously not meant to be connected in that way to whatever it is you are trying to connect it to.

If it still makes sense then you either need to buy and use adaptors or a special patch board, probably made to your specifications, to patch through. That is the cleanest solution. Other than that, as the previous poster suggested, its out with the soldering iron and make the patches yourself.

I have noticed you have been posting one technical question after another, and while I have some background in what you are attempting to do, sometimes it puzzles me what you are asking. Perhaps photographs would help. But asking things like to compare specifications, and then you quote something way more marketing than technical, suggests to me you need to do some reading at one or more technical sites, find some system schematics, and work from them.

Best of luck and if I think I can help I will continue to chime in, but I have to say most of your questions leave me very puzzled. Maybe its just a language barrier.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jb welda » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:42 am

ok went and looked up the connectors, I take it you want to use them on your speaker wire ends:

http://www.neutrik.com/en/speakon/

and it appears there are also what they call "chassis connectors". so I would think the task would be to wire the chassis connector to your amplifier outputs and plug in your connector to the chassis connector.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:52 am

Ranking Glasses

Postby yms » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:50 pm

You tried like this?

yms

Postby jah_vaults » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:36 pm

jb welda wrote:First of all, you should ask yourself why you are connecting something kind of obviously not meant to be connected in that way to whatever it is you are trying to connect it to.

If it still makes sense then you either need to buy and use adaptors or a special patch board, probably made to your specifications, to patch through. That is the cleanest solution. Other than that, as the previous poster suggested, its out with the soldering iron and make the patches yourself.

I have noticed you have been posting one technical question after another, and while I have some background in what you are attempting to do, sometimes it puzzles me what you are asking. Perhaps photographs would help. But asking things like to compare specifications, and then you quote something way more marketing than technical, suggests to me you need to do some reading at one or more technical sites, find some system schematics, and work from them.

Best of luck and if I think I can help I will continue to chime in, but I have to say most of your questions leave me very puzzled. Maybe its just a language barrier.

one love
jb

Bless JB. I am in the process of rebuilding sound system so this is why all the technical questions are being asked. I have done a lot of reading etc but sometimes cant find the answer to a specific task i am attempting to do. Here is what i am doing I am running powerful high output CLASS A home integrated amp which has cooling fan built in but does not have speakon or 1/4 inch jack connectors for the speaker terminals to connect Pa speaker as they have different plugs. If you check Class A produce the best quality sound out of all of the different classes of amplifiers. Due to very powerful bass from this amplifier the speakers have been blown few times. I want to run this specific amplifier and not a PA amp as PA Amplifier does have not bass and treble and has few sound settings unlike hifi amplifier. I am setting up the sound how i like it to sound. Anyway i found the answer i need to get 1\4 inch jack plug with banana plugs attached for the plus and minus speaker channels or Speakon to banana plugs wire.

These wires are not readily and easily available like most speaker cables so i was in a problem trying to find out which wire connectors i need to get the new speakers running without blowing again etc. But i have found out all the info so the new speakers can be connected without changing the amp to PA amplifier. If anybody else wants to do this without buying new PA amplifier and have better sound quality then using PA amplifier which has no sound settings like bass and treble. Hope this has made it all a bit clearer. The building of a proper sound system upto your own specs and requirments is not as easy as some people may think it to be.
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby jb welda » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:46 pm

>as PA Amplifier does have not bass and treble and has few sound settings unlike hifi amplifier

Actually a "hifi" amplifier doesn't have any controls at all, other than possibly an output level control. It is the preamplifier, built into your "hifi amplifier" that has the controls. The PA amplifier relies on external preamplifier for its "controls", usually in the form of a mixing board in a pro environment. What you have is called an "integrated amplifier" meaning the preamplifier is integrated with the amplifier section, versus having separate components for the preamplifier and the amplifier. An integrated amplifier was meant for the home hi fi market, vs some of your other stuff which is strictly pro electronics. That's not to say it won't work, possibly work just fine, but its going to lead to some compatibility issues with pro equipment. That will necessitate some clever engineering on your part, at least to make it not look like some of the pics above.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jah_vaults » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:42 am

jb welda wrote:>as PA Amplifier does have not bass and treble and has few sound settings unlike hifi amplifier

Actually a "hifi" amplifier doesn't have any controls at all, other than possibly an output level control. It is the preamplifier, built into your "hifi amplifier" that has the controls. The PA amplifier relies on external preamplifier for its "controls", usually in the form of a mixing board in a pro environment. What you have is called an "integrated amplifier" meaning the preamplifier is integrated with the amplifier section, versus having separate components for the preamplifier and the amplifier. An integrated amplifier was meant for the home hi fi market, vs some of your other stuff which is strictly pro electronics. That's not to say it won't work, possibly work just fine, but its going to lead to some compatibility issues with pro equipment. That will necessitate some clever engineering on your part, at least to make it not look like some of the pics above.

one love
jb

One Love JB am almost there just trying to get best engineering advice i can just the leads are a nightmare hopefully i wont end up in a mess like the picture but all should go well just in the process of making sure everything is compatible before rigging it all up and having correct leads for the transformation.
jah_vaults

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:56 am

By Jah Volts? :D
Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:13 pm

luckily neither volts nor amperes to deal with here, the worst that can happen (probably, fingers crossed) is the amplifiers will blow out due to infinite resistance to their speaker outputs (eg: no speaker attached). No big blue sparks likely to fly!

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jah_vaults » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:By Jah Volts? :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Big up to all who gave advice for the legendary sound system Jah Vaults to getting rebuilt
jah_vaults

Postby skunkride » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:53 pm

JV, this should be a good forum for all your technical needs :

https://forum.speakerplans.com/forums.html
skunkride

Return to General discussion