Yami Bolo - Haile Selassie

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Yami Bolo - Haile Selassie

Postby Rico » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 am

Hello everybody

Has Yami Bolo -Haile Selassie ever seen a 7" relaese? I thought so, but you cant find any Infos of it that its existing, no picture,. no popsike. nothing..

Regards
Rico

Re: Yami Bolo - Haile Selassie

Postby ImpSound » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Sadly this only came on the Healing of the nation LP. Would love to have it on a 7".
ImpSound

Postby jah_vaults » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:15 am

ImpSound wrote:Sadly this only came on the Healing of the nation LP. Would love to have it on a 7".

Killer Double Lp i think it was Roots Tradition
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby soul rebel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:33 am

This was just discussed quite thoroughly in a Swedish Facebook-group.

The consensus in the end was that the tune has never been released on a 7",
even though apparently Discogs suggests that it has.
https://soundcloud.com/millionvibes
soul rebel

Postby ImpSound » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:41 am

soul rebel wrote:This was just discussed quite thoroughly in a Swedish Facebook-group.

The consensus in the end was that the tune has never been released on a 7",
even though apparently Discogs suggests that it has.

I think Bolo him self confiermd it, right?
ImpSound

Postby kalcidis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:46 am

Yeah. Confirmed non-existence.
kalcidis

Postby jah_vaults » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:27 pm

There was a similair kind of 7 inch came out think it was on the same American maybe Canadian label. But am sure was a roots tradition 7 inch maybe it was another song of the same album cant recall right now though. Think few tunes did make a release on 7 inch from the Yami album.

The Yami Bolo Haile Selassie is listed as a release on 7 inch but not sure if it was actually released maybe someone needs to contact roots foundation if they still around as Yami himself says tune not released.
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby kalcidis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 am

My girlfriend (who was searching for this one) got in contact with the person on Discogs who has submitted it and asked where he/she had gotten the info from. The person directed her to Reggaefever who supposedly used to have it for sale. When she contacted Reggaefever they plainly said no, they had never had this single for sale. She didn't have any contact info for the Roots Foundation-people otherwise that would have been the best route.
kalcidis

Postby Rico » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:00 am

Haha

That was me who put it on discogs.

Im still curios, because i still remember when i was in the shop there, and asked for the 7 " they told me its sold out at the moment, and they will have some more soon.

Since that day im looking for the tune. Untill that day your girlfriend aksed me if its really existing, i was 100000% sure it was released on 7".
Rico

Postby Werner » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Rico wrote:Haha

That was me who put it on discogs.

Im still curios, because i still remember when i was in the shop there, and asked for the 7 " they told me its sold out at the moment, and they will have some more soon.

Since that day im looking for the tune. Untill that day your girlfriend aksed me if its really existing, i was 100000% sure it was released on 7".

You were 100000% sure, because someone "told you it was sold out but they would have some more soon"?
Werner

Postby Rico » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Yeah, it was the owner of reggaefever.
Rico

Postby Werner » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Werner

Return to General discussion