Copenhaguen anyone ?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Copenhaguen anyone ?

Postby zonard » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:40 pm

I'll be at Copenhaguen from Saturday until next Wednesday and I'd be interestind in linking BAFers & getting info about reggae bars, concerts, soundsystems, record shop that I may attend in the timeframe.
Cheers for any info
zonard

Re: Copenhaguen anyone ?

Postby jb welda » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:31 pm

I was there a few years ago to see Toots and the Maytals open for the Rolling Stones (thanks to my man Mike Cacia, RIP, miss ya man) and while I cannot give any current info, there was at least one weekly sound gig going on that was strictly reggae music, it was advertised on flyers all around the city. Other than that, be sure to go to Christiana (probably spelled wrong), the blocked off squatters area. Full of street music, reggae music and all kinds of interesting people. I would also recommend renting a bicycle if the weather is nice, its a great way to get around the city. Also go walking down in the city center, lots of very interesting shops there. One thing though, bring lots of money, everything there is expensive. When I got back to London I was very glad to be back in the land of cheap (relatively) food because you will not find much of that in Copenhagen.

Have fun, I thought it was a blast.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby zonard » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 pm

thanks JB for the info
zonard

Postby jb welda » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Oh I forgot to add: went to a Jamaican restaurant with a Jamaican woman, and neither of us could recognize our food. Very strange situation. This was down in the city center and they had just opened up, so they probably either got better or disappeared. Let me know if you go there.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby soul rebel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:03 am

jb welda wrote:Oh I forgot to add: went to a Jamaican restaurant with a Jamaican woman, and neither of us could recognize our food. Very strange situation. This was down in the city center and they had just opened up, so they probably either got better or disappeared. Let me know if you go there.

one love
jb

I found a Jamaican/Caribbean restaurant in Copenhagen a number of years ago, but I didn't memorize the adress, and the next time I couldn't find it. My guess is they weren't there for a very long time.
It wasn't bad, but nothing to write home about.
https://soundcloud.com/millionvibes
soul rebel

Return to General discussion