what is a...

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: what is a...

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:28 pm

What's a bull buck and is it similar to a rolling calf?
Ranking Glasses

Postby j j » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Rolling Calf is a duppy right??
j j

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:18 am

Yes, at night in Jamaica many people claim to have heard a strange swooshing / jangling sound and say it's a rolling calf dragging his old chains. My cousin who doesn't normally believe in such things heard this noise on a recent visit to JA and was terrified
Ranking Glasses

Postby j j » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:02 am

Ranking Glasses wrote:Yes, at night in Jamaica many people claim to have heard a strange swooshing / jangling sound and say it's a rolling calf dragging his old chains. My cousin who doesn't normally believe in such things heard this noise on a recent visit to JA and was terrified

Fascinating stuff RG. The whole Mr Brown riding round town in a three wheeled coffin is another one I tried to find out more info about, only found a couple of reports/stories inna the whole of the internet.

I wonder how this image of a 'rolling calf' (of all things) come about? Like a calf on it's own isn't really a very scary thing , but somehow it's taken on this scary-ness in Jamaica.

Another one is the famous/infamous white witch of rose hall, annie palmer. I think I was shown her grave stone in Mo Bay, but those days were kinda hazy 8)
Was told by locals that she could take her white skin off & mingle with the slaves without them knowing, she got through a few husbands iirc

sPoOkY
j j

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:10 am

"Rolling Calf
Be careful how you stroll around the Jamaican countryside at night, because you really don't want to meet a rolling calf. A huge, calf-like creature which rolls along the road, blocking the way of night-time travellers, and chasing them with a wicked intention.

It has blazing red eyes that gush fire, and a chain that it drags behind it, making an unnerving clanking noise.

To escape a rolling calf, the victim can do a number of things - drop objects for it to count (most supernatural creatures in Jamaican folklore can be escaped in this way), get to a cross roads (road junction) before it, open a pen knife and stick it in the ground.

A rolling calf is also terrified of being beaten with a tarred whip held in the left hand.

Rolling calves are always male. They are believed to be the spirits of people (particularly butchers) who were wicked and dishonest during their lifetimes."
Ranking Glasses

Postby j j » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Thanks again for that RG, amazing.
j j

Postby Ras Samuel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:35 am

Information concerning Gold

Don Carlos is talking about Gold in this 2017 interview, from 36:55 minutes on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3i_CERAE4A

According to DC Gold is still alive.

One Love