Josey Wales 4 CD box VP/Greensleeves

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Josey Wales Reggae Legends 4 CD box VP/Greensleeves

Postby soul rebel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 pm

I admit I had missed the fact that it was being sold at such a low price.

And I already stated that if these album had never before been released on CD, it's good that they are.
I don't buy CDs so I don't know which ones of them were.

Still, when compling a box set like this, I think it should include singles, as that has always been the important format in Jamaican music.
A compilation of the best album tracks along with the best 7" and 12" singles would be very interesting, from any of the artists in this series. As it is, I still think they are boring.

But like I said, they are cheap, so, great for those who never had these records before.
https://soundcloud.com/millionvibes
soul rebel

Postby j j » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:19 pm

oh I've had these records before, soul rebel, bought them when they were released.

It's not a box set of his singles though is it. It's 4 albums on 4 CD's - what is there to complain about?

If you think it should have included singles then perhaps write to VP & suggest it to them, or even better start your own reissue company & do a better job yourself.

But dissing a box set of CD's for not being what you want it to be, makes no sense to me. A bit like ordering a hamburger & then complaining it's not a cheeseburger!
j j

Postby jb welda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Well how about putting two of the (rather short by todays CD standards) original LPs on one cd and making it a two cd set instead of four. Two of Wales LPs were released by (the real) Greensleeves on one cd back in the day and that's what they should have done here if they would not otherwise be willing to fill them with extra material.

Its the typical VP thing, sloppy compilation or no compilation at all, and they probably sound like they mixed out the bass too, just my guess.

Saying "start your own record label" is similarly sloppy thinking.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jb welda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:08 pm

And good to see that jj is remaining consistent, consistently unaware of anything outside his own little experience bubble and more than willing to flog dead horses instead of addressing the point.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby j j » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:12 am

jb welda wrote:And good to see that jj is remaining consistent, consistently unaware of anything outside his own little experience bubble and more than willing to flog dead horses instead of addressing the point.

one love
jb

Umm....I don't know what to make of your post jb ,? What am I missing in my 'little experience bubble''?

Just what is this 'point' that I'm supposedly meant to be addressing. I'm mystified?

Are you making a point or just venting???

cheers
j j

EDIT: obviously jb isn't gonna stop bringing up my hatred of eb's at every chance he get's :D (maybe he's feeling guilty of slagging eb's of previously?) so I suggest jb lists me as a 'foe' & then he won't have to read any of my posts...I've now done the same for him (& edgar :lol: ) wow what a nice difference it makes coming here! & I think everyone else here will appreciate that as well - as jb & I are never going to agree on stuff. ( for some reason I constantly imagine him as the Donald Trump of reggae. :) or a living example of that classic stereotype of the big, loud & obnoxious know it all American.(I'm glad to say I found Americans to be lovely friendly people while on my lengthy trips there :) )

anyway just a suggestion to make the forum a nicer place to visit, for everyone :)

(from memory jahbull has left the States once in his lifetime :oops:) :mrgreen:
j j

Postby soul rebel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 am

[quote="jIf you think it should have included singles then perhaps write to VP & suggest it to them, or even better start your own reissue company & do a better job yourself.[/quote]

I am certainly allowed to express my opinion about a record and not do **** myself. I hate that argument. Do you say that to everyone who reviews records?
https://soundcloud.com/millionvibes
soul rebel

Re: Josey Wales 4 CD box VP/Greensleeves

Postby jb welda » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:26 pm

jj = so very very very tedious. yeah I am the Donald trump of reggae, and I am going to send a nuclear missile your way just for the fun of it. Idiot boy. And if by that clever reference to "jah bull" having left the USA only once in my life, if it is me you are honoring with that "jah bull" oh so clever slur, let me just tell you a little something: I was born in Canada, lived in Guam and the Philippines for most of the first 15 years of my life, lived in papua new guinea and Australia for five years as an adult, and have travelled to probably half the continents of the globe since then, for both business and pleasure. So, obviously, you know as little about me and my past as you do about reggae music or anything else it seems, other than how ernie cheated you out of all your money. Congratulations on being such a worldly guy, along with such an unmitigated smart ass, having "knowledge" that seems to shoot out your bunghole, and being proud to demonstrate it. And you call me the Trump of reggae. Next time you are in the states be sure to look me up, I will have a one man welcome wagon waiting for you, well maybe two, if ernie is free that weekend. With that I will fondly bid you adieu, though I reserve the right to comment on your ridiculous threads whenever I care to. And I will not couch my disdain with those silly little emoticons you seem to think cover your passive aggressive attacks on me and others.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby j j » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:54 pm

ditto :D :D calm down old fella, you'll give yourself an aneurism :wink:
j j

Postby j j » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 am

jb welda wrote:jj = so very very very tedious. yeah I am the Donald trump of reggae, and I am going to send a nuclear missile your way just for the fun of it. Idiot boy. And if by that clever reference to "jah bull" having left the USA only once in my life, if it is me you are honoring with that "jah bull" oh so clever slur, let me just tell you a little something: I was born in Canada, lived in Guam and the Philippines for most of the first 15 years of my life, lived in papua new guinea and Australia for five years as an adult, and have travelled to probably half the continents of the globe since then, for both business and pleasure. So, obviously, you know as little about me and my past as you do about reggae music or anything else it seems, other than how ernie cheated you out of all your money. Congratulations on being such a worldly guy, along with such an unmitigated smart ass, having "knowledge" that seems to shoot out your bunghole, and being proud to demonstrate it. And you call me the Trump of reggae. Next time you are in the states be sure to look me up, I will have a one man welcome wagon waiting for you, well maybe two, if ernie is free that weekend. With that I will fondly bid you adieu, though I reserve the right to comment on your ridiculous threads whenever I care to. And I will not couch my disdain with those silly little emoticons you seem to think cover your passive aggressive attacks on me and others.

one love
jb

Blah blah blah - :D somebody wake me when his indignant nagging & impotent rage finally tires the grumpy old bugger out & he nods off, then we can gently roll him away from the day room computer & back to his room....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x
j j

Postby j j » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:37 am

soul rebel wrote:
Do you say that to everyone who reviews records?

naa..... just to you.
Now go buy a bob marley album so you can take it back & complain that there's nothing on it you ain't heard before.
j j

Postby jb welda » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:29 pm

jj, pm me your address. we will see just how smarmy you are in person, rather than hiding behind a keyboard half way across the world. I need a reason to use my just-renewed passport, and this sounds like an excellent opportunity for some cross-cultural exchange. Do you know of an emoticon for a crumpled up body lying bleeding on the ground? I cannot find one right this second.

On the other hand if you plan on visiting the states anytime soon, pm me and I will give you my address instead. Would save me a couple thousand dollars I could spend on something more worthwhile than travelling to prove a point.

By the way, for 66 I am in pretty good shape. Want to find out for yourself? Just keep it up sport. Even ice water you will not be able to digest.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Come on guys. All this over some Josey Wales LPs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chuuKmij-WA&list=RDchuuKmij-WA
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ras Berry » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Do you remember when this place used to run like a cowboy town?

This is great! It's like being back on the old board circa 2003 - bickeration on a daily basis

Just need Gordon to chip in now

Keep up the good works, chaps!

8)
Ras Berry

Postby j j » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:14 am

and Penny Reel 8)

I apologise to the rest of the forum, or anyone who is offended by my posts here, but as you know it takes two to argue. Until this blows over & the 'Don' runs out of steam, I can only suggest you don't read this thread. :roll:

OR YOU CAN GET A SENSE OF HUMOUR & LAUGH AT ALL THIS SILLY CRAP LIKE I DO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Berry's got the idea :D
Last edited by j j on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
j j

Postby j j » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:56 am

JAHBULL QUOTE "

jj, pm me your address. we will see just how smarmy you are in person, rather than hiding behind a keyboard half way across the world. I need a reason to use my just-renewed passport, and this sounds like an excellent opportunity for some cross-cultural exchange. Do you know of an emoticon for a crumpled up body lying bleeding on the ground? I cannot find one right this second.

On the other hand if you plan on visiting the states anytime soon, pm me and I will give you my address instead. Would save me a couple thousand dollars I could spend on something more worthwhile than travelling to prove a point.

By the way, for 66 I am in pretty good shape. Want to find out for yourself? Just keep it up sport. Even ice water you will not be able to digest.

one love
jb

Firstly I like to point out how jahbull threatens me but still finishes off with 'One Love' :lol: :lol: He's really an old sweetheart deep down :D

OK Jahbull - OK I'll PM you my address, but before I do, you need to get some kind of legal document to me that says that I won't be held responsible for any damage incurred to you. I've worked in forestry for a decade, my arms muscles are like bands of steel :D from the thousands of trees I've pruned over that time. I could quite literally pull your arms right off your skinny little torso. :lol: :lol: :lol: so I'll leave it up to you - you get the legal papers to say I won't be charged & I promise to send you my home address. The ball's in your court tough guy :D btw don't forget I've seen a photo of you - I've got nothing to worry about really have I :wink:

(Secretly I'm hoping this argument continues as this is getting funnier & stranger every day......) :lol:
j j

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion