Roger Steffens and LKJ - Live in London, Sept. 4th

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Roger Steffens and LKJ - Live in London, Sept. 4th

Postby Peacemakeya » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:32 am

Roger Steffens and Dr. Linton Kwesi Johnson (Order of Distinction - Jamaica)
A Celebration of Bob Marley: The definitive Reggae Night

In Conversation - how to: ACADEMY

The Tabernacle
35 Powis Square, off Portobello Road
London W11 2AY
United Kingdom

http://www.howtoacademy.com/courses/celebration-bob-marley-definitive-reggae-night
Peacemakeya

Re: Roger Steffens and LKJ - Live in London, Sept. 4th

Postby Peacemakeya » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Bump

Hear perhaps this event may include some surprise elements. Hope so, and also hope it is filmed, because when ya really look into it this is a rare meeting in the historical phenom of Reggae Musica that catalyz this world's culture and, with Bob Marley - the first 3rd World Superstar as leading figurehead ... Yes this first public reasoning between Roger Steffens, the leading Bob M historian/archivist/author ... and ... Linton Kwesi Johnson (LKJ) the seminal spoken word dub poet and intellect of the era. There will also be a Q & A session with the audience.

Now after near 40 years since Bob meet his mortality ... with something like 600 books published about Bob and how many thousands pon thousands of newspaper/magazine articles ... it is time IMO for the deeper realities beyond the hype, the cultural appropriations and the spiritual misappropriations to start bubble to the surface.

Think bout it: Bob carried to this wurld the message of hope and victory riding on the powah of that irrepressible heartbeat rhydm coupled with the western sentiments of rock, yet kotched in the spirit package of the rastafari message. But, most do not know Bob had a change of heart pon his mortal death bed and did not cry out for terrestrial aristocracy - the worship of Selassie the Emperor of Ethiopia as supposedly Jesus Christ incarnate, who Bob invoked in the preamble to every performance.

I haven't yet had the opportunity to read Roger's new book 'So Much Things To Say - The Oral History of Bob Marley' but hear say there is first person witness validation in it, of Bob's death bed change of heart. He did not cry out for superstition ... he cry out for the Iyah1.

And Dr. LKJ ... that seminal dub poet genius who also catalyz millions pon millions with his historical unique social commentary & slammin baritone brilliance. Yet LKJ never went with superstition and certainly not with the manyfold excesses of the ras reggae i.e. the 7 dead-lies including disrespect of woman, vanity, substance abuse including monkey dust, spirit arrogance, quick to anger .........

For example Bob singing 1luv on stage and then putting the boots to the head of Don Taylor off stage - sending him to the hospital E.R. ... IMO, should not have Bob, if he was not in the clutches of cult superstition excesses, have said to himself - "Seek wisdom before revenge & foolish me for putting a lost soul like Don Taylor into a po$ition of tru$t ... mi guess that's the price of mi tuition in this Planet Urt school"

But in the balance of things ... Bob did touch billions of hearts with the transcendent upliftment of rock reggae ... so yes, let us celebrate the enormous positive of Bob's contribution and realize ... regardless the cult superstition and weaknesses of the flesh; Bob come full circle in his own life and had a good end / new beginning

Suggest 1 & all get their ticket before they gone

A Celebration of Bob Marley: The definitive Reggae Night

Mon, 4th Sep 2017 ... 6:45pm
The Tabernacle
35 Powis Square, off Portobello Road
London W11 2AY
United Kingdom

when you believe in things you don't overstand then you gunna suffer - superstition ain't the way (Stevie Wonder)
Last edited by Peacemakeya on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacemakeya

Postby ice » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:31 pm

it's not the first meeting of RS and LKJ, though. I personally saw them in 2002 or 2003 in London; on that very day I asked RS to be the godfather of my daughter
ice

Postby Inyaki » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:25 pm

June 2003 in Herne Hill ?
I can't remember it as a 'public reasoning' or Linton saying much.
Inyaki

Postby ice » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:51 am

I have no idea where in London I saw them but June 2003 sounds about right.
ice

Return to General discussion