RIP Zep Gerson (Rough Trade/Sterns/EB Reggae)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

RIP Zep Gerson (Rough Trade/Sterns/EB Reggae)

Postby Tomcat » Fri May 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Chances are if you bought a reggae record in the glory days from EB Reggae that originated from the UK, that it passed through Zep Gerson.

By total coincidence he used to be my neighbour two doors down in North East London. I heard last night from another neighbour passed away earlier this month. He was 51.

Below is a tribute from Stern's music. RIP Zep.

__

Zep Gerson, our colleague and long-time collaborator died this last Tuesday. He was part of the Sterns family for nearly 25 years.

Zep started in the music business in the export department of Rough Trade at the tender age of 16. He quickly became a regular attendee at MIDEM where, with his engaging and larger-than-life personality, he soon knew everyone and everyone knew Zep.

His musical speciality was reggae, and in this sometimes tough business Zep's enthusiasm combined with his kind, open character and genuinely helpful manner, earned respect from all the artists and producers he dealt with. And there were many.

We will miss him sorely. Even more so his wife Lisse, daughter Georgia and his siblings. Our blessings to them.

Zep Gerson, 1966 – 2017.

RESPECT!
MAY HE REST IN PEACE

Tomcat

Re: RIP Zep Gerson (Rough Trade/Sterns/EB Reggae)

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Fri May 12, 2017 10:53 pm

I saw Stern's announcement on facebook this week and paid my own little tribute to Zep. I used to see him on a regular basis for years when delivering vinyl destined for Ernie, as did anyone running a reggae label in London who sold to Ernie. Zep was a great and very helpful guy and I'll miss him. RIP.
Reggaemusicstore

Return to General discussion