King Tubby's The Roots Of Dub JR reissue

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

King Tubby's The Roots Of Dub JR reissue

Postby TruthTown » Wed May 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Hi
I'm looking for a better (cleaner) copy of this album (mine is pretty worn), and I want a cheap one. I saw Jamaican Recordings label reissued it some years ago.
Any info about its sound quality? Knowing label's reputation, is this the real album?
Thanks

Ps: when I search in Google, I saw that a thread about this already exists in roots archives forum, but when I click, I realized that the page isn't working yet.
TruthTown

Re: King Tubby's The Roots Of Dub JR reissue

Postby Novice » Thu May 11, 2017 1:40 am

It appears your Google search was unable to locate the thread about 19 threads down from yours on this forum with someone asking an identical question.

https://www.discogs.com/King-Tubby-The- ... ase/351738

-Me-
Novice

Postby TruthTown » Thu May 11, 2017 7:27 am

Thanks. Didnt see that. The fact is that I have a perfect copy of "Dub From The Roots", and don't want to pay another 30 € for the 2 sets. A good copy of "The Roots Of Dub" LP would be great. So, if the Jamaican Recordings reissue LP is the real album and has good sound, I would buy it (its very very cheap and has the OG artwork). Has anyone info about this? Thanks
TruthTown

Postby 99thfloor » Thu May 11, 2017 7:10 pm

The Jamaican Recordings release is the proper album in it's original mix. It doesn't sound as good as the Moll-Selekta, I seem to remember that it is remastered a bit rawer/harsher (I am not home to check), but I think it would be a perfectly acceptable alternativ, especially since it is readily available new.
99thfloor

Postby TruthTown » Fri May 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks for the info 99thfloor
TruthTown

Return to General discussion