Death by Carbohydrate?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Death by Carbohydrate?

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon May 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Ranking Glasses

Re: Death by Carbohydrate?

Postby Novice » Mon May 01, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm assuming all the roaming around the mountains would burn the carbs which are deprived of any sort of processing....but there is no cure to linguistic morphology nor to that skin condition known as INDIAN SCALE!!!! LOL!

-Me-
Novice

Postby edgar » Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 pm

and that's exactly why they will always stay poor in those countries unfortunately. What you do is with minimal effort grow enough food for yourself. So you grow 1 pepper tree with a handful of peppers.

Instead of growing 2 pepper trees. 1 for yourself en the rest of the second tree you sell on the local market. (and invest the money you make with it in fertilizers)

Also you can do organic farming on a large scale with taking the above into notion... you can grow a 100 pepper trees organic.
edgar

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 pm

On a serious and an ironic note, all that healthy ital food made many of the Rastfarians ill, e.g. Vivian Jackson suffered from malnutrition. If you go from a diet containing salt, fish, meat, dairy, etc. to one that doesn't, it takes a lot of research and knowledge to know which foods are rich in vitamins, minerals, calcium, protein, etc. However, I noticed he added cow peas to the pot which are a good source of protein.

Of course many of them didn't stick to the ital diet. Bob Marley sometimes ate cow foot (an acquired taste!) and Gregory Isaacs ate chicken.
Ranking Glasses

Postby yms » Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm

And we all know how Bob loved his donuts.
yms

Postby Inyaki » Tue May 02, 2017 9:39 am

Ranking Glasses wrote:On a serious and an ironic note, all that healthy ital food made many of the Rastfarians ill, e.g. Vivian Jackson suffered from malnutrition. If you go from a diet containing salt, fish, meat, dairy, etc. to one that doesn't, it takes a lot of research and knowledge to know which foods are rich in vitamins, minerals, calcium, protein, etc. However, I noticed he added cow peas to the pot which are a good source of protein.

Of course many of them didn't stick to the ital diet. Bob Marley sometimes ate cow foot (an acquired taste!) and Gregory Isaacs ate chicken.

When I worked with Yabby he loved eating fish ( also bun and cheese )
Inyaki

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue May 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Normal cheese isn't ital because it's dairy. Apparently milk is "white blood".
However, the cheese often eaten with bun & cheese in Jamaica is processed so it's not dairy but it's hardly natural / ital!
I prefer my bun & cheese with a nice slice of medium cheddar.
Ranking Glasses

Return to General discussion