Cornell Campbell - Money LP pressing question

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Cornell Campbell - Money LP pressing question

Postby jps » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 pm

So I know I've read that some of the more recent represses of this album are awful with the volume going up and down. I think I've even heard it myself with some online sound clips.

Can anyone confirm the original press has good sound? Discogs lists 2 different represses so not sure if it's just one of them that is bad. I have a copy of the CD and the sound is good so I would assume the issue isn't with the actual recording or tapes.

On another note, are there any other tracks on the riddim for "Your Love" besides Don Carlos Special Request?
jps

Re: Cornell Campbell - Money LP pressing question

Postby kalcidis » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:10 pm

I used to have the reissue which doesn't have colours on the label. That one had noise issues. Never got around to pick it up again but I would assume the original is the one without.

I don't know of more cuts to Special Request unfortunately. Would be cool to know if there are more.
kalcidis

Postby finbar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:31 pm

I have an original promo copy, it's nice thick pressing with no sound fluctuations. It's a nice, full-sounding recording.
finbar

Postby mghifi » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 pm

I have a copy with full color labels and the sound is great.
mghifi

Postby minidub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:18 pm

i bought the reissue from ernie; grayish label, no color on it.
the sound is just awful.

m.
minidub

Postby jps » Mon May 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sounds like I'm safe if I track down a copy with the colored labels I should be good. I've got a few other Live & Learn lp's with black and white labels and they sound fine, wonder what happened with this one.

I've had a copy of this on CD for years and mainly listened to a few tracks, but lately I've really been enjoying the whole album so want to grab a copy on vinyl. And with an 18 month old daughter I've had to be a little more careful with the spending these days so wanted to make sure I wasn't picking up a crap copy.
jps

Postby RB » Sun May 07, 2017 10:55 pm

original press orange label (thick pressing as dave mentions) sounds good
RB

Return to General discussion