Winston Edwards - Producer and Jolly Boy?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Winston Edwards - Producer and Jolly Boy?

Postby Donovan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 am

Is the singer (from the Jolly Boys) the same Winston Edwards as the producer (Natty Locks Dub and Dub Conference)? I'm assuming they are two different men, but not sure.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Re: Winston Edwards - Producer and Jolly Boy?

Postby kalcidis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:50 am

I think you're talking about the Jolly Brothers perhaps? Because I don't think the Jolly Boys have a member by that name (got no clue on the members in Jolly Brothers though). Regardless I would think they are two different people.

Met Winston Edwards of Studio 16 fame about two years ago this is the way the man looked then:
kalcidis

Postby Donovan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:16 am

Ugghhh, what am I thinking? They are one of my favorite vocal groups and I can't even remember their name. Must be getting old!

Anyways, yes, one of the Jolly Brothers was Winston Edwards according to David Katz in People Funny Boy. I was wondering if it was the same individual. Probably not, but in the strange world of reggae, you never know.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby 3pan1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:48 am

what A GREAT photo of the Fay Music maestro, Black Ark hero first class ...

afaik the Jolly Brothers consist of Willis Gordon, Lennox Miller and the other Winston Edwards then
who also did some solo work Jah Jah Nuh Know You and It's Not Everyday with the Tysonic crew
3pan1

Return to General discussion