How U.S. Presidents are now addressed.

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: How U.S. Presidents are now addressed.

Postby Dubdirectory » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:From my perspective, I think it's part of a general "re-balancing" in the US with Trump, the UK with Brexit and France with Le Pen, where the right is trying to take back control from the left, conservative from liberal, man from woman, white from black. You might think this is a funny thing to say but Trump is the diametric opposite of Obama is several ways.

Oh dear, if it needs M. Le Pen for re-balancing, who is on the other side who causes the imbalance?

Where do you think is "the left" in control?
Dubdirectory

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:38 pm

ISIS!
Ranking Glasses

Postby Dubdirectory » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:ISIS!

Is this the answer to one of my questions? Which one?
Dubdirectory

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Q. Oh dear, if it needs M. Le Pen for re-balancing, who is on the other side who causes the imbalance? - A. ISIS! (..and immigrants, the EU, the Euro and the hijab).

I don't think that the left is in control but people who voted for Trump probably do.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:11 pm

I was watching the press conference earlier with Trump and Shinzo Abe...based on questions Trump got about the ban and he responded about all the threats we have to the U.S. that a person in his position(that position being the President - His words :roll: ) knows about that we don't know about and how he has to keep the country safe, it's becoming more and more clear because of his inability to even keep his mouth shut about clearly classified and/or highly classified briefings by way of alluding to them that we have may have a situation that a person who is so unaccustomed to government or knowing about or dealing with any reality about actual threats to the U.S. that have probably been there and are there for years and decades and so on is under the amateur impression that these threats just recently happened or developed and the scale of them has shook him and overwhelmed him because of his sheer ignorance to what was most likely always going on or being dealt with by EVERY President before him. But instead of it humbling him to shut his idiot mouth and actually listen to people who've been around for decades and dealing with it for decades, he thinks he can deal with it by engaging in isolationist executive orders and by basically trying to "wall" off America, no pun intended.

He really seems like a p*ssy who thought he was a contender and then saw the reality of what his opponents can and might do or attempt to do and it f*cked his head up so bad that he's scrambling like a chicken that never had it's head on in the first place.

It's a good thing you need Congress to declare war but I'm not up to date with the laws governing use of nuclear weapons...I think he only needs one or two other people besides him to set one of those off but not sure...that could be a problem and as unlikely as we thought or felt, since the end of the cold war, it was that we or anyone, who is a rational actor, would knowingly use nuclear weapons in this day and age...I'm not so sure this lunatic really gets it. I think he thinks or believes "nuclear" weapons are just like a "big bomb" or the "biggest bomb" and doesn't understand the fall out. Hopefully it has been explained to him with some cartoons or something.

-Me-
Novice

Postby jb welda » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:49 pm

I too am out and I apologize to rastothebone for resorting to a minor ad hominin attack, which is much more the style of the President, instead of just directly refuting what he was saying.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Novice » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:16 am

Well it's anyone's choice to contribute, bow out or just read but I guess I'll just leave this thread for any new or amusing quotes or nicknames related to Trumplethinskin, which is a new one to me but I love it!

-Me-
Novice

Postby jb welda » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:31 am

A slight return: remember, Trump is the guy who claimed to have seen thousands of Muslims celebrating openly when the twin towers met their fate. He was the only one who saw them, but he saw them, for sure, according to him, and they were all celebrating the fall of America. That's the guy who has his finger on the trigger.

And with that, finally one would hope, I man am out

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ras Berry » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Novice wrote:I think he thinks or believes "nuclear" weapons are just like a "big bomb" or the "biggest bomb" and doesn't understand the fall out
-Me-

Pun intended?

8)
Ras Berry

Postby Novice » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Intended, after the fact, but not premeditated, I guess.

Further musings...we can all agree on the influence and effect art can significantly have and has had on society/culture but I guess no one ever specified what kind of "art." If you look at reality television and mass media in general, it becomes increasingly difficult to not see or understand how Trump became president, that he or someone like him(basically anyone willing to pull the trigger politically in an all showbiz style) was bound to eventually be as viable a candidate for the public as anyone.

I shared the same view in respect to Obama when he became President and did not equate it to any progressiveness within the country but to things like mass media showing black Presidents on television and basically giving it showbiz legitimacy, thereby leading to actual legitimacy.

Remember when showbiz was relegated to "degenerates" and the "lowly" ? Me neither but that's what the history is and it's appearing more and more with each passing decade that those judgmental puritans may have been on to something, to a certain degree.

-Me-

PS
I hope anyone with Mexican family and friends, along with any other nationality effected by ICE's recent activity with deportations, are keeping their heads up and are holding on and maintaining, that sh*t is absolutely terrible and shakes the foundations of people's hearts and pscyhes and I hope it doesn't last. I hope the results and repercussions of this rocks Trump to the core and he experiences an exact and direct reciprocation of his actions onto his own life. F***cking Cnut!
Novice

Previous

Return to General discussion