Augustus Pablo ‎– Original Rockers VP re-release

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Augustus Pablo ‎– Original Rockers VP re-release

Postby markp » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:04 am

I read on discogs this was issued by VP earlier this year (with 23 songs instead of 10). It also says mastered by Kevin Metcalfe. So what can I expect? another Blood&Fire sort of job in terms of sound quality?
Anyone heard this?

Thank you
markp

Re: Augustus Pablo ‎– Original Rockers VP re-release

Postby BeePIe2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:44 am

I got this one. From memory it's another bog standard loudness war casualty. Fine as reference if you don't already have the tracks but the Shanashie release has superior sound (& the first couple of seconds of track 1 missing). Can't remember if tracks fade out early to accommodate the total number stuffed on the disc.

As an aside, I just got the VP 2CD Aggrovators Dubbing At King Tubby's which collects the three B&F CDs and it's pretty much a match to the original releases! No trimmed tracks and no loudness war calamities. If only VP could manage this on all releases.

Further, I picked up some odds & ends at a local record shop recently & got a VP anniversary goodie bag! Load of stickers, a rubber band and a copy of something like Reggae Gold 2015 which was interesting as a once through glance at modern releases but not to my tastes. Not exciting enough to seek out but a pleasant surprise. Thanks VP.
BeePIe2

Postby itsmeagain » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:56 pm

Yes I have the 23 track release.
Good quality to my humble ears anyway. I heard Love don't come easy in two versions, both great. Rhythm is the title track rhythm.
itsmeagain

Postby Donovan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:29 am

VP also has two Bobby Digital collections coming out this Friday (feb 9th). Volume 2 (Serious Times) looks better than Volume 1 (Xtra Wicked). If you don't have many of these mid 90's to early 00's roots tunes this should be a no brainer. It's a 3 CD collection. Not sure what the "Heathen Mega Mix" on disc 3 is though.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby jah_vaults » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 am

Donovan wrote:VP also has two Bobby Digital collections coming out this Friday (feb 9th). Volume 2 (Serious Times) looks better than Volume 1 (Xtra Wicked). If you don't have many of these mid 90's to early 00's roots tunes this should be a no brainer. It's a 3 CD collection. Not sure what the "Heathen Mega Mix" on disc 3 is though.

I think Disc 3 has been previously released is the Digital B Heathen riddim songs mixed one after the other.
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby John Eden » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:04 am

John Eden

Postby kalcidis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Wicked rhythm that one. The Shabba cut is one of the best 90's roots tunes I've heard. His poise and delivery on that one is par none.
kalcidis

Postby Dread Archive » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Dread Archive

Return to General discussion