Those wanting to keep/catch up with modern roots reggae...

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Those wanting to keep/catch up with modern roots reggae...

Postby ganjalion » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:14 am

I've been compiling my favorite tunes from the past 5-6 years in this playlist. I just had to start it over, so I'm adding new tracks to it daily. I got a couple other playlists as well for those interested (modern dancehall/riddim mixes/afrobeat/etc).

https://soundcloud.com/papa-leone/sets/reggaerevival

Hope ya'll dig. New music is good music...
wa do dem
ganjalion

Re: Those wanting to keep/catch up with modern roots reggae.

Postby lankou » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 am

Nice one, sir ! Not a lot of one drop/nu roots in there, which is a relief to these ears !
Since mid-14,more and more JA conscious artists seem to emerge from this rut they've been sleeping in for some 12 years. Never seen such a long cycle in JA music!
Just couldn't hear one more tune from certain artists, many still rated as prime movers (not going to drop names, to each his own).
Thanks for the effort !
lankou

Postby ganjalion » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:07 pm

I fully agree. A lot of the newer stuff is going in different directions for which I am a fan of. I think some of the big names today rank ahead of a lot of the big names in the music of the late 00's. Hoping the trend continues...

respect
wa do dem
ganjalion

Postby jb welda » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:30 pm

I would love to hear this but I have to be able to download it. Is that possible on that page you link to? I do not see a way right offhand. If you could make it downloadable, particularly as one file, I for one would appreciate it. thanks!

one love
jb
jb welda

Return to General discussion