Unknown Dub to 'Feelings of Love'.

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Unknown Dub to 'Feelings of Love'.

Postby Frontline Bwoy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time...

About twelve years ago, I decided to have a go at trying to ID about 250 unknown reggae and dub tunes from some very tired late 70s/early 1980s TDK Cassettes. The tunes were recorded at various friends houses after school, the radio (mostly DBC), and from my own vinyl which, sadly, later got either lost or stolen. The reason I was trying to ID the tunes was because I just loved them, and I wanted to get hold of better copy qualities. So I was getting along with a reasonable amount of success, eg by playing some tapes to the staff in Dub Vendor, Ladbroke Grove (then in Clapham Junction). Man, they were really patient with me!

But things really changed when I joined this board in about 2004. Once I found out how to upload tunes and put the link on here, the wealth of knowledge and information was simply staggering. Over time, I got to ID just about everything I put up. Although of course I thanked everyone who replied to my numerous messages, I want now to say a big, collective thank you to those responsible for this board's creation, maintenance and ongoing funding. I was never really into Simply Red (except for the first album, Picture Book, which incidentally my classmate, Femi J, engineered) but I have big admiration for Mick Hucknall as he's put a lot into this.

I have helped others on this board too - I don't want anyone to think that it's all been one-sided!

So... I have just four or five unknowns left... unbelievable really! If anyone can help with this, please let me know: it's the dub to Michael Gordon's 'Feelings of Love', a Lovers hit from the mid 80s. If anyone can help with the name of the tune and artist, please let me know:

https://youtu.be/IP3M4scCTak
Frontline Bwoy
Frontline Bwoy

Return to General discussion