Closed my EB account after 20+ years

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Closed my EB account after 20+ years

Postby j j » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:12 am

the other funny thing about my 'complaints ' threads are that some people moan about them being boring, childish, stupid (JB/Skunkride/Edgar etc) but the amount of views they get tells me that lots of you guys find them interesting (maybe in the way people rubberneck as they drive past car accidents.)
I imagine it's kind of like a silly soap opera for Baffers.

Also the more people that read them, means my points are getting heard & spreading :mrgreen:
Once again - I have said nothing in my posts that are untrue or imagined.

j j
j j

Postby skunkride » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:26 am

j j wrote:p.s i'm home alone for three weeks so this topic keeps me from getting lonely in the long cold dark evenings.

Well, that explains everything.

j j wrote: I imagine it's kind of like a silly soap opera for Baffers.

Spot on JJ, spot on
skunkride

Postby Novice » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Fukc'em and keep on keeping on JJ....it's an infuriating phenomenon...I've noticed it for decades in many areas of life...doesn't matter if a person is a 100% right, if they make too much noise it seems to annoy people or they start appearing like the party at fault. Classic example....you loan someone $100 and wait to get it back in the time agreed upon, then the fukcer who owes all of a sudden forgets the urgency and humility with which they borrowed it and is quite late/forgetful, and now you start getting a bit vexed and then you start "harassing" them to get your money back and eventually if you keep going YOU become the annoying party...FUUUUUUUCKKKKK OFFF!! Pay the goddamn money and the "nagging" stops, absolutely blood boiling.

I'll play Devil's advocate though just to satisfy anyone who disagrees with me, or you for that matter....your posts were starting to get annoying..or were they? Or was I just falling victim to the same phenomenon I described above, because it really does seem to happen, right or wrong we start to get a particular view of the "whistleblower" if they blow a little too hard...so which is correct, are my feelings deceiving me in that your posts were getting to feel the way JB described them? Deceiving or not I still felt them, which might be unfair of me so what to do what to do???? When in doubt, emotionally or otherwise, STICK TO THE FACTS and so far they are on your side as far as Ernie's response to you goes. He came on the board to defend himself but only did so with insinuations and/or accusations to which you went full on and asked him to provide the proof, which so far he hasn't.

You're particular and somewhat anal retentive but you're all vinyl collectors so glass houses and stones and all that so that plays no part. You've spent a considerable amount of money with the only fault, according to Ernie, being an unreasonable amount of defective returns, which you have contested and voiced your disagreement on with the assessment, again, no answer yet from Ernie. Currently the ball is in Ernie's court and it absolutely is his responsibility to provide proof because HE brought up the issues without supporting facts/data so he can't have it both ways, he can't claim one thing rhetorically and use it but not provide proof at the same time, or we just have to take his word for it. The honest man defends himself to the END in my view and the one with something to hide ends it before it's resolved.

Verdict: Your posts are only annoying/tedious in so much that it is not OUR money or OUR records at stake but when that detail is reversed and it is OUR possessions/money, your posts DEMAND responses.

Summary: A quote by George Carlin...."Why is your stuff **** but their **** is STUFF" or something to that effect.

-Me-
Novice

Postby j j » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Wow Novice you've summed it up perfectly. Thanks for seeing it in a factual way. Yes I'm anal retentive but it's the principal of the matter that stirs me up.

It does seem that some people are taking Ernies view that I complain too often.
I only complain when there is a problem with my orders - this still seems fair to me.

If flashman bought a cd from a retailer , got home to find that the CD was not even by the artist on the cover (this is 1 example of one of my 'complaints' to EB)
Would flashman accept this CD? OR would he return it for a replacement or refund ?

I do believe he would take it back - which is exactly what I have been doing, the only difference is flashy could take it back to the store,whereas I have to email ernie B's to get a refund.

This is seen by EB's as a complaint.
This is seen by me as justifiable.

Once again it's great to read a post from someone who can see what I'm getting at & not let personnel judgements get in the way .

cheers again old friend
j j
Last edited by j j on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j j

Postby j j » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:09 pm

another point Me has above , that I want to repeat or expand on...

Since my sales have dropped so much over the last few years with EB's doesn't it seem strange that it is only now that Ernie has brought this issue to my attention?

After 23 (according to Ernie) years of orders & returns , why is it only now that he has decided to make this issue known to me?

Why didn't he bring it up when I was placing orders for US$700. 15 years ago?

Why is it now that he decides I don't warrant a wholesale account - after all it was him that encouraged me to open one.

he can't have it all his own way - justice shall prevail! :P

j j
j j

Postby j j » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Last edited by j j on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j j

Postby j j » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:19 pm

skunkride wrote:Well, that explains everything.

and your post explains that you have missed the point totally (as usual Skunky).

cheers
j j

(has anyone seen skunky & edgar in the same room at the same time 8)
j j

Postby jb welda » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:34 am

jj I would appreciate it if you would stop calling my name (for your promotion) in your ridiculous thread.

many thanks

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby j j » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:03 am

Will do ______. Will you please stop reading this thread.
thanks

.5 love
j j

damn now I can't use _______ name anymore for my promotion my plan for world domination may just come to a grinding halt :?
j j

Postby j j » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:25 am

I guess "KC Zelda" would be out of the question ? :?
j j

Postby Ernie B » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:38 am

Too many things not true to bother with responding. Important to note however that wholesale customers do indeed get refunds for defects, except this customer due to a rate of complaints that is too high for any company to deal with.

Ernie

j j wrote:Here we go

1.FACT - Customers wholesale account is closed, I closed it.

2.FACT - Customer said he got refund. Customer not responsible for EB's pricing.

3.FACT - Customer went on what EB told him in email. That wholesale customers won't get refund as no one else does in regards to wholesale sales .
If orders contain faulty product , customer has a right to complain, if several orders over several years contain faulty products customer will complain/notify seller several times.

4.FACT - Customer would pay shipping as seller has never asked for faulty product to be returned & never offered it.

5.FACT - Once again customer said he got refund
Customer only took up EB's offer of a wholesale account after getting loads of emails from EB's saying 'if you in any way promote reggae music,any way at all, you are entitled to a wholesale account". Before accepting this offer I created a reggae blog so I could truthfully say I was promoting reggae music.

6.Customer would be grateful if EB's could provide a list of my returns for the last 5 years, so we can all see the truth about what Ernie is saying. It won't be a very long list.

Nice to see you joining in the conversation Ernie & I hope I have cleared up the points you raised.

I stand by everything I have written on this matter & have emails to prove what I say is true.

I have never tried taking advantage of EB's return policies & have always offered to send back faulty/damaged goods as proof of this. I guess when you order so much music from the 1 supplier you are going to get more faults which means more complaints /refund requests.
I did explain that I only buy from EB's because of his wholesale prices & can't afford the retail cost but he doesn't seem to 'get' this..
Seems that he blames his loss of profits over the years on the very people who have kept him going for so long. Well for me that came to an end last week.
You can't offer customers wholesale prices & then moan when you don't make enough profits of off them. I don't set his prices for him & I think his low wholesale prices are coming back to bite him on his own behind.

I think I still have a good point.
Look forward to answering anybodies questions on this subject

cheers
j j

seems there are other EB customers who have left the fold in recent times as well, I wonder why?
Ernie B

Postby Ernie B » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:07 am

I always appreciate constructive criticism as it's a great tool to help improve. I never consider who it's coming from or if they are rude, whining, etc..I strip it down to facts and they either have a good point or they don't. If they have a good point I'll fess up and try to fix it. If not I just move on. However if they bend the truth (or accidentally get it wrong) and post it in public then I think it's a good idea to clear things up, in public.

In this case I agree it's frustrating to get imperfect records. Good point. However at some point if someone is asking for refunds 100 times more than average (that's 10,000% higher than average), and they are getting wholesale prices on orders that would not even qualify as a minimum order for wholesale with anyone else, plus gift cards, plus product already greatly reduced below our already low prices, then obviously we can't come close to making a profit with that customer so it wouldn't make sense to continue at wholesale prices...a reasonable course would be to ask them to either except defects in the future while enjoying wholesale prices or open a retail account with us. Given the choice, the customer decided to stop ordering out of spite (proof: the false claim that the account was closed, which it wasn't because there is no such option to do so) and not bother considering ordering at retail price (with full refunds on defects moving forward).

Having said that, I agree that many suppliers have a right to have some bitterness as cash flow has been tight ever since a few years ago. It's been a rough ride. I'd love to always pay everyone on time but sometimes it's not possible. They have every right to complain and frankly I would do the same. I can only say we'll keep doing our best here to keep the music flowing. The last thing we want to do is go out and get real jobs, that is for sure...

I won't mention that everything in my posts are true; that should go without saying with anyone's posts I would imagine.

j j wrote:Once again - I have said nothing in my posts that are untrue or imagined.

j j
Ernie B

Postby j j » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:13 am

ernie ernie ernie Great to see your still involved in this discussion but where is your proof big man?

How many complaints have you received from me in the last 5 years????????????

Your delusions & your lies are getting tedious even for me. :shock:

Still waiting to see this incredible list of complaints ernie,
I really think that you need understand , if it wasn't for you sending me so many faulty items I would never have had to contact you in the first place.
Why can't you provide us with a list of my 'complaints' from the last 5 years ernie - then I can match them with the faulty product you sent me.

This btw is a a complaint according to ernie.

I ordered the Judy Mowatt CD Black Woman, when I received it, it had a CD inside that was of some African group/singer. This is obviously not ernies fault as the CD in question was brand new, but this is what he is labelling a complaint :roll:

You were able to tell me about the US$12.00 profit you made off me for the last 12 months, so how come we are yet to see this huge list of complaints :D

I really think you need to put up or shut up.

I'd still like to know why you didn't bring my complaints up years ago, rather than waiting until now when I hardly buy anything from you?
Maybe your just gutted you have lost one of your better customers?
one love

j j
j j

Postby j j » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:25 am

Ernie ,what have I complained about over my 20+ years of buying from EB's?

- faulty goods, damaged goods, refunds, missing orders (which have always turned up eventually)

Why is this so hard for you to deal with - they are legitimate reasons to contact you, aren't they?

Why didn't you bring this up years ago?

come on, give me an answer rather than just ignoring my points?
j j

Postby j j » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:59 am

another example of an EB 'complaint'.

ordered Milton Henry's Branches & Leaves CD, received it & 1 track kept jumping, tried it in 3 different CD players, same thing happened, asked EB's for replacement.

They said no , airmail to expensive, gave refund instead.

Asked if he would consider refunding a percentage of the postal cost as well as I didn't really like paying for mail charges on faulty item, & really wanted a playable copy of this great album. that request was denied which I accepted.

I lost out on that , as I would have to pay postage costs for a second time with no guarantee that the replacement was not faulty as well.

The fault on the CD was not EB's fault, but they sold it to me.

In cases like this it is generally requested that you return faulty goods to seller, not try & track down the CD manufacturer & get a refund from them.

Is this another justified request ? What should I have done differently? What would you do in a situation like this?

I know I go on about these things but ernie is not telling the truth here!
Nothing in my posts is made up or imagined, no matter how hard ernie tries to make it look that way.

cheers
j j (ideals, morals, honesty & integrity always)
j j

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion