STUDIO ONE TO REISSUE CATALOGUE VIA YEP ROC MUSIC GROUP

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: STUDIO ONE TO REISSUE CATALOGUE VIA YEP ROC MUSIC GROUP

Postby jah_vaults » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:30 pm

is there any info on the studio one boxset to be released ? Is it a never before released item?
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items being added soon. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby Vital Sounds Hi Fi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:38 pm

jah_vaults wrote:is there any info on the studio one boxset to be released ? Is it a never before released item?

I haven't seen anymore info other than what's in that link...

Let's hope they do a nice job!
Vital Sounds Hi Fi

Postby jah_vaults » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Vital Sounds Hi Fi wrote:
jah_vaults wrote:is there any info on the studio one boxset to be released ? Is it a never before released item?

Lets hope they release at least a 6 CD boxset or a 10 CD boxset for all studio one fans. :D
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items being added soon. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby jah_vaults » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:51 pm

jah_vaults wrote:

Lets hope they release at least a few different 9 CD or 10 CD boxset minimum for all serious studio one fans. Which I don't think anybody has ever released but studio one deserve a 10 CD detailed boxset with rare photos and track details & with recording dates hopefully somebody can email The YEP ROCK MUSIC GROUP and insist they should release a 10 Cd boxset :D
jah_vaults

Postby Vital Sounds Hi Fi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:53 pm

jah_vaults wrote:

Lets hope they release at least a 6 CD boxset or a 10 CD boxset for all studio one fans. :D

I think most Studio One fans want original albums with original artwork, taken from the master tapes.

They could start with the Dub LPs, especially Bionic Dub!
Vital Sounds Hi Fi

Postby 99thfloor » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:33 am

Vital Sounds Hi Fi wrote:I think most Studio One fans want original albums with original artwork, taken from the master tapes.

This is great news, I have been going on and on for some time about why, despite there being lots of Studio One reissues, no one has wanted to do this, have the "titles from its catalog re-released in their original formats, with track listings and album artwork intact". I hope these will be the original mixes from original master tapes, but I am a bit suspicious of the phrase "original session tapes", that to me suggests multi-track tapes, meaning they will be new remixes, but we'll see.

I also notice the "About" section of the new website is written by Chris Wilson. :)
99thfloor

Postby David » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Who is behind that yep rock music group? And which one of dodds children does represent the heirs? I thought there was a battle going ob between his kids. So it must have been solved...

I wonder whether dub store and drum n bass records from japan will continue to rerelease studio one records as well
David

Postby jah_vaults » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:39 pm

David wrote:Who is behind that yep rock music group? And which one of dodds children does represent the heirs? I thought there was a battle going ob between his kids. So it must have been solved...

I wonder whether dub store and drum n bass records from japan will continue to rerelease studio one records as well

Don't forget the Soul Jazz label in England always releasing studio one new items
jah_vaults

Postby daniel » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:25 pm

jah_vaults wrote:
David wrote:Who is behind that yep rock music group? And which one of dodds children does represent the heirs? I thought there was a battle going ob between his kids. So it must have been solved...

Don't forget the Soul Jazz label in England always releasing studio one new items

I imagine SoulJazz and the japanese labels will both continue to rerelease studio one material. Heartbeat and SoulJazz both operated at the same time for a while, and even released competing burning spear sets at the same time, also while Studio One continued to pump out the LP and 7" reissues. There's enough material and the three groups are really appealing to different audiences.
daniel

Postby 99thfloor » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:59 pm

David wrote:Who is behind that yep rock music group?

I was told a couple of guys that used to work for Rounder started it, so there is sort of a Heartbeat connection.
99thfloor

Postby David » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:27 am

rounder sounds good! I am hoping they will do some quality reprints (silk screen would be great) of the first-press-covers, they are so stylish, if often way less thsn perfect. Maybe they could do mire expensive silk screen editions like pressure sounds seems do be doing successfully.
David

Postby jah_vaults » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:33 pm

David wrote:rounder sounds good! I am hoping they will do some quality reprints (silk screen would be great) of the first-press-covers, they are so stylish, if often way less thsn perfect. Maybe they could do mire expensive silk screen editions like pressure sounds seems do be doing successfully.

ok then silkscreen and colored vinyl only for the silkscreen editions though yes and 10 CD boxset.
jah_vaults

Postby jahkob » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:45 am

Regarding YEP ROC MUSIC GROUP´s Coxsone link: "We are working directly with Carol Dodd, Coxson Dodd’s daughter so all artists will benefit."
https://www.mixcloud.com/DUBDISCO45/
jahkob

Next

Return to General discussion