New Burning Sounds Reissues

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

New Burning Sounds Reissues

Postby Mark T » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:56 am

I see there are a number of albums reissued on the Burning Sounds label including Slum in Dub. Ernie has them for a good price.
Has anyone purchased them? What is the sound like? Are they taken from original sources or from vinyl?
Is this the original Burning Sounds label or someone different?
I'm interested in getting them but just wanted some feedback as you never know.
Cheers, Mark T
Mark T

Re: New Burning Sounds Reissues

Postby flashman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:11 am

Despite the fact that I don't know the answers to all your questions, I'm going to comment anyway. I got the Michael Prophet Certify, Dillinger Trinity Clash and Rock a Dub. Crisp and clean vinyl, high quality sleeves, sounds quite good. But, I admit I'm not a big audiophile. Still they seem pretty high quality in general to me.
flashman

Postby edgar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:46 am

Burning sounds/burning rockers/burning vibration was mainly a licensing business (was it part of EMI? now universal music)

Wat is most interesting is that slum in dub states ´produced by burning music´ which would indicate they own the rights, which they must have bought rather than licensed for a fixed amount of time or sales.

http://tapirs.home.xs4all.nl/bsalb.htm

So I guess only the music rights they purchased will be repressed.
edgar

Postby 99thfloor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:52 pm

I was under the impression that it is the same people that are behind Sunspot, or that there is some connection between them anyway.

This site has the releases from both lables: http://www.secretrecordslimited.com/sto ... e/Ska.html

So "Secret Records" seems to be the parent label, or the licencees, or how ever it works.

Slum in Dub has been on so many labels I wonder if anyone knows who owns it, besides the original LP on Burning Sounds have it on CDs from Trojan, African Museum and Tad's - don't ask me why, I guess like the album... :)

I think it is strange that they have re-issued the Sledgehammer Dub album with the same bonus tracks as the Motion release, possibly just doing a straight copy(?) of the same master. I happened to be emailing with one of the Motion guys a while back and he didn't know about this release, said he would have to look into it since he had done the "audio restoration" for that one.
99thfloor

Postby itsmeagain » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Slum in dub is of excellent quality, rip roaring cuts of G Isaacs classics plus,extra dubs not on original lp. Amazing dubs. Love it.
itsmeagain

Postby Mark T » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Thanks all - sounds like athumbs up.
Mark T
Mark T

Postby jb welda » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:09 am

>Slum in dub is of excellent quality, rip roaring cuts of G Isaacs classics plus,extra dubs not on original lp.

no extra tracks unless they are not mentioned on the track list. same 10 tracks as original.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby danielmak » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:12 am

It looks like they keep rolling out more reissues:

http://www.forcedexposure.com/Labels/BU ... DS.UK.html
http://www.freewebs.com/footballdvd/
danielmak

Return to General discussion