QUESTION ABOUT ORIGINAL PRESSING OF TRINITY Shanty Town

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

QUESTION ABOUT ORIGINAL PRESSING OF TRINITY Shanty Town

Postby shellac » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:24 am

Hello. Does anybody know anything about the original pressing of TR International LP by Trinity - Shanty Town Determination? (This is his Yabby You produced LP)

I have this LP on a PRE-RELEASE TR International label. But it is titled:
PRE-RELEASE - TRINITY - RASTA DETERMINATION

I need to know if this is a different mix than the TR International regular release. I already have the B&F version but they are mostly extendeds right?

Has anyone ever seen the Pre release? I got it with some ultra rare lp's from a 70's Jamaican DJ.
shellac

Postby wareika » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:45 am

I don't have the original release but I know that the matrix is something like "PT 24 X 1A // 2B". If your copy has the same, it would cionfirm that you have the same release as the "current" one.

wareika
wareika

Postby marko » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:47 am

my copy doesnt say anything about pre release - its certainly a release from that time though, matrix is PT 24X1A/24X2B
marko

Postby jay-b » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:56 am

...... mine is same as wareika's and marko's - sleeve is TRM 5781
jay-b

Postby shellac » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:43 am

Yes, the matrix # on the pre-release is the same as the regular TR release. The one I have must have been released earlier and if it interests anybody, this LP was originally called Rasta Determination, then was changed to Shanty Town Determination. If anyone wants a pic of the label, let me know and I can e-mail it.

Cheers!
shellac

Return to General discussion