Dub Vendor monthly magazines

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Dub Vendor monthly magazines

Postby marko » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:46 am

Rockers Galore wrote:A bit of a long shot but I'm trying to get hold of copies of the Dub Vendor monthly magazines listed below.

Jun 1999
Dec 1999
Apr 2000
Jun 2002
Jul 2002
Sep 2002
Nov 2003

I'm trying to gather information on UK reggae labels with a view to putting something together similar to the Tapir website. I've taken 1999 / 2000 as a starting point and am currently putting together discographies for as many non JA labels as I can. I realise much of the information is out there on the web already but many of the listings on Discogs for example are incomplete and many labels are missing altogether.

Still work in progress but the more I get into it the more I realise what a massive project this is turning into. However on the plus side it's turning up some great records I missed out on first time round so I'm going to stick at it!

If any body has the issues listed above gathering dust (or any more from the 90s) I’d be only too pleased to take them off your hands. Happy to pay for them of course, or failing that, maybe I could sort out scanning the pages I need and posting them straight back. Please send me a PM.

Any help much appreciated! :D

PS. There have been a load on sale on eBay for a while now but I have all of those.

Did you end up getting the copies you need, in a cleanup I just came across the complete set from Feb 1998 to May 2001 which covers the early ones you were after.
marko

Postby Rockers Galore » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:41 am

Yes Ringo and SteveT very kindly photocopied / scanned the info I needed so a massive thanks to them.

I'd be interested in the ones you have from 1998 though - are you going to hang on to them or could I take them off your hands?
Quite happy to pay for them of course and cover any expenses for postage etc.

I managed to squeeze in an afternoon on this project yesterday but still a long way off completion!
Rockers Galore

Postby marko » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Hey RG, tried to PM you but doesnt seem to be working from my end. Happy to send them to a good home - I am in Australia so can check what postage costs will be to your part of the world if you PM me to let me know where you are.
Cheers, Marko
marko

Postby Rockers Galore » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Yes Marko I received your PM so have replied with my contact details - more than happy to cover any costs for postage.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch about this - I thought it was a long shot posting about this on here but the response has been great :D

As soon as I'm further into it I'll upload a pdf and hopefully get a bit of feedback from people on here.
Rockers Galore

Postby ZionRootical » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi, are you still need any issues, I've just sorted mine out, I'm missing most of 2002, all 2003 and most of 2004 (due to me travelling) mine start regularly from 96/97 but have a odd ones from 94 right up until they stopped,
If we can help each other out that be cool, I've separated and put in a4 ring binders so easy to scan and send, I'll pm you also
Thanks steve

If any one else can help me out pm me thanks
ZionRootical

Postby Rockers Galore » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi ZionRootical

Thanks for replying to this… yes I’m still after issues from the 90s so once you’ve had a look please let me know which issues you have. Issues I am after are as follows:

June, July and August 1998 (one has Augustus Pablo on the cover but not sure which one)
June 2002 (I only have a photocopy of this one)
Anything before 1998 so if you have all of 1996 and 1997 I’d definitely be interested in those. And anything before that.

I can help you out with some of your missing issues as now have a few duplicates - I'll send you a PM.

Thanks
Rockers Galore

Previous

Return to General discussion