Studio 1 reissues

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Studio 1 reissues

Postby daniel » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Just bumping this up

Does anyone know anything about the God I Say version being repressed by Studio One, as mentioned by RB?

The Inyaki versions on Tuff Scout are wicked but I'd still like to pick up the original version if it has been repressed.
daniel

Postby RB » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:38 pm

guys sorry i'm braindead i was just thinking of the OG iron side 7" w/ the version (which i have been playing alongside the repress of the vocal), i don't think it has been repressed...sorry
RB

Postby dan i dubdub » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:05 pm

getting people wound up there RB!
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub

Postby daniel » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks RB - I guessed you might have been referring to that but I didn't want to miss out if it has been repressed!
daniel

Postby Nicholas » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:26 am

I've noticed two more represses recently, not listed before :
Roy Richards - Voo Doo Man (Coxsone)
Richard Ace - Lighter Shade Of Blue (Studio One)

So are there any news about the state of repress programme ?

N.
Nicholas

Postby Negrote » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:33 am

Hi there,

since Dynamics – who manufactured all Studio 1 vinyl – stopped operating and closed doors around 6 months ago, the well of Studio 1 represses dried out. Get your hands on the last tunes as long as you can. Does not seam like there will be any more vinyl released (soon).

At the moment no vinyl is pressed in whole JA any more. Tuff Gong is considering to re-open their pressing plant though afaik.
Negrote

Postby jah_vaults » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Negrote wrote:Hi there,

since Dynamics – who manufactured all Studio 1 vinyl – stopped operating and closed doors around 6 months ago, the well of Studio 1 represses dried out. Get your hands on the last tunes as long as you can. Does not seam like there will be any more vinyl released (soon).

At the moment no vinyl is pressed in whole JA any more. Tuff Gong is considering to re-open their pressing plant though afaik.

so these represses may have been done a few years ago but released after dynamics closed shop.
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby Vital Sounds Hi Fi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Negrote wrote:Hi there,

Dynamics wasn't the only place to press Studio One. Tuff Gong was pressing too - well they were when I was there in the 90's... But I don't know when they closed their plant?
Vital Sounds Hi Fi

Postby feury » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi

I am trying to figure out if this record is part of the original stampers series:

https://www.discogs.com/Cornel-Campbell ... se/3001851

anyone can confirm sound quality on thie press?
feury

Postby jah_vaults » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:51 am

There is few good Soul Jazz Studio One Label Albums been released this year. I think these two releases are very good out of the pick of releases.

The sound quality on soul jazz is always tops for the studio one recordings far better then the Jamaican press versions of the same songs .

Check this release STUDIO ONE SOUL JAZZ label BLACK MANS PRIDE https://soundsoftheuniverse.com/sjr/pro ... mans-pride

ALSO CHECK STUDIO ONE SUPREME MAXIMUM 70`S & EARLY 80`S EARLY DANCEHALL SOUND https://soundsoftheuniverse.com/sjr/pro ... -dancehall.

WHICH OF THE RELEASES SEEMS BETTER OF THE TWO?
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Previous

Return to General discussion