Enos McLeod "Enos In Dub"

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Enos McLeod "Enos In Dub"

Postby chuckasaurusrex » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Greetings. Roots Archives indicates that the Enos McLeod "Enos in Dub" compilation includes tracks from both the 1970s and 1980s. His earlier stuff is great IMHO, but I'm not familiar with what came later. Does anyone know how many (if any) of the tracks on this album feature digital rhythms (which I want to avoid)? Thanks in advance.
chuckasaurusrex

Re: Enos McLeod "Enos In Dub"

Postby jb welda » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:10 pm

how come when I try to go to roots archive (always worked before) I end up at some "community roots archive" site? very puzzling. can someone give me a good url?

this enos in dub, was that put out by pressure sounds at one point? or maybe bim shermans label? or maybe even on-u sound? I know I have this somewhere, wasn't too impressed with it actually but I don't recall hearing any digi riddims. could very well be wrong about that.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jps » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 pm

http://roots-archives.com/

At least that is what I use.
jps

Postby jb welda » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:25 am

ah thank you. for some reason mine did not have the hyphen

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby chuckasaurusrex » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:06 am

JB, you might be thinking of the "Genius of Enos" compilation on PS. I understand that reviews were mixed but I was among those that loved it. The "In Dub" album I was referring to is this one (on Century, which I think may indeed be Bim Sherman's label as you suggest):

http://www.roots-archives.com/release/3406

Peace.
chuckasaurusrex

Postby jb welda » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:02 pm

if no one else offers, I will find this and listen to it if you like, and give a short summary.

jb
jb welda

Postby chuckasaurusrex » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:12 am

JB, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks for thinking of it.
chuckasaurusrex

Postby jb welda » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:52 pm

looked around last night and couldn't find the cd. that's pretty normal though. I know its around here somewhere, I will give it another crack later today.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jb welda » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:25 pm

well been looking around for this and have come up empty on either the dub in question or the release on pressure sounds...which makes me think they are together somewhere. unfortunately that "somewhere" may be a thousand miles that way or this way, as I have a sneaking hunch they are both at one of my remote locations. not much help but I DID find the Century CD Goodies Best, which is also Enos Mcleod, and I was hoping maybe the dub was a direct dub of this release, but from looking at track titles it does not appear to be so.

will let you know if it shows up somehow but as of right now I would not advise holding your breath

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby chuckasaurusrex » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:44 pm

*whew!*

thanks again, jb
chuckasaurusrex

Postby minidub » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:23 pm

love that "goodies best"; thanks for the reminder -- I haven't listened to it in ages.

m.
minidub

Postby Lemmy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:03 pm

Genius of Enos is excellent -- I've never understood the grumblings I've heard about that one.

I might be misremembering, but I think I once tracked down some sound samples for Enos In Dub when I was considering buying it and found that there were a handful of digi tracks, which is too much for me. Again, though, I could be wrong about that. But I didn't end up buying it for some reason.
Lemmy

Postby Chaz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 am

I've just dug out the Enos in Dub CD. The first 5 tracks are not digi and neither is track 15. All other 9 tracks are digi though and so I'd not recommend this collection....
Chaz

Postby chuckasaurusrex » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Lemmy and especially Chaz: thanks very much for your input. I'll pass on that one for sure; shame though, as those few non-digi tracks are pretty nice.
chuckasaurusrex

Return to General discussion