Virgin Front Line Sounds Of Reality 5CD

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Virgin Front Line Sounds Of Reality 5CD

Postby j j » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:02 am

This arrived yesterday & just having a look & listen today.

Firstly, looking at the track list on the back of the box I notice a couple of glaring typo's.
Apparently the track "Jah Kingdom Come" is by The Winkle Brothers & Jah Lloyds "Bone Dub" becomes Bone Hub. Then there's LKJ's "All We Dooin' Is Defendin'.

Started listening to Disc 4 first as it's titled Discomixes, & I notice Doctor Alimantado's excellent "Slavery Let I Go" finishes rather abruptly, which makes me wonder if the ending as been clipped? or maybe the original 12" finishes like this? anyone know?
It also seems to be a different mix from the version on the 1990 Front Line compilation "Natty Rebel Roots".

j j
j j

Re: Virgin Front Line Sounds Of Reality 5CD

Postby j j » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:18 am

The booklet is fantastic, with loads of interesting bit & pieces of info, seems there are a couple of unreleased LP's sitting around in the vaults somewhere, Jah Lloyds "Herb Dub Part II" for one.

j j
j j

Postby Vital Sounds Hi Fi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:04 am

I thought you would already have all the Front Line music JJ?
Vital Sounds Hi Fi

Postby j j » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:14 am

Hi Marty, have quite a few but got this for disc's 4 & 5. Discomixes & From The Vaults. It also comes with some nice post card size vintage advertising posters.

j j
j j

Return to General discussion