Beautiful Examples of Tolerance and Love

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Beautiful Examples of Tolerance and Love

Postby j j » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:12 pm

I watched the group shown in the video for about 15 minutes in Times Square NYC one evening. Filmed some of it on my phone when a white jewish guy started arguing with the black guys, then a small tussle broke out....then I got bored & moved on.

j j
j j

Postby SolarHighPower » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:Why do these people and the Rastas claim to be Hebrews and the true Israelites when they are descendants of sub-Saharan slaves?
I suppose it's so they can claim to be the chosen people of God.

how do you know there were no hebrews in west africa? me no like your attitude sir.
you clearly don't know hebrew people and if you will stick to the distorted jewisch version of this story you will never understand what really happened. similar to rock & roll, look at rock today, all white, female looking, long haired bi sexual drugged dirty lifestyle... what does all this have to do with Blind Lemon ??? they even act like jimmy hendrix was a racial cross over act... but ask them bout Lemon and dem have no clue. those black israelite cats from NY are on a own level ,me won't argue and I do not support all of their beliefs but there is amount of truth behind that movement.
SolarHighPower

Postby SolarHighPower » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:46 pm

A Fu Rah Ka was not always a slave continent, Ranking Glasses, it seems that you need to take some teachings in African history. I bet nowdays you can find everything on line, no need to go library and dig thru heavy books for 3 lines of crucial truths hidden between perversion and lies
SolarHighPower

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:39 am

SolarHighPower, I don't think I said that Africa was always a slave continent and I apologise if I gave that impression.
I have read several books on African history one of which I mentioned earlier but I am always grateful for recommendations if you have any? Thanks.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 am

If you have proof or some anecdotal evidence that there were Hebrews in West Africa I am happy to be proved wrong. Yes, I am biased on this subject because I constantly see my fellow black people latching onto religions such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam and claiming historical connections to the Middle East and North Africa when I think that we should be taking more pride in our obvious links to West Africa.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:09 am

Although it's not taken to the same extreme, I have witnessed similar behaviour by black Christians, particular the Pentecostal Church and the Seventh Day Adventists. They have very long services where you're shouted at for much of the time and there is very little opportunity to ask questions or to discuss your faith or feelings. When I tried to discuss my apparent lack of faith I was told that I must just accept Jesus Christ as my lord and saviour which didn't help. It seems that many black people whether Christians, the Nation of Islam or the Black Hebrews use religion to bash people over the head with which can make a black man brandishing a holy book a very scary proposition!

I much prefer the Rastafarian approach of allowing people to discover the "truth" themselves. I think that faith is a very personal thing not to be screamed from street corners.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:39 am

While there has been north to south migration in Africa over the centuries the vast majority of black people in the West emanated from the indigenous peoples of West Africa. The claims I often hear black people make of being Egyptian, Ethiopian, Hebrew, etc., are a way of given a downtrodden people some worth and the Black Hebrews and Rastafarians have taken this one step further by claiming to be the "true" chosen people of God. While this is understandable given our history and the issues we continue face, it's far-fetched and misguided and diverts us from our true roots in West Africa.

Furthermore, I cannot accept that the c.£6m "white" Jews living in Israel and the millions of other around the world are imposters because this makes a mockery of their history. They must think that the Black Hebrews are nuts with all their ranting and raving and ridiculous claims.

You don't have to be an historian or a theologian to see what is obvious and what is clearly baloney.
Ranking Glasses

Postby KingSimeonSound » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:50 am

This is all as much about identity as it is about history. That's my 2pennies worth.
https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
KingSimeonSound

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:14 am

Word!

And I identify with West Africa because it's hard to argue with DNA!
Ranking Glasses

Previous

Return to General discussion