Beautiful Examples of Tolerance and Love

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Beautiful Examples of Tolerance and Love

Postby finbar » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Thankfully, no one was burned during the filming of this video!
finbar

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Why do these people and the Rastas claim to be Hebrews and the true Israelites when they are descendants of sub-Saharan slaves?
I suppose it's so they can claim to be the chosen people of God.
Ranking Glasses

Postby i M@N » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:13 pm

To answer your question, in short : Abraham was in fact Akhenaten.
The Hebrews were Egyptians worshipers of the god Aten. This was discovered two French researchers. One hypothesis foreshadowed in the last century by Champollion and by Sigmund Freud 70 years ago.

A book about this : "Secrets of the Exodus: The Egyptian Origins of the Hebrew People" by Messod & Roger Sabbath

About the videos : i can't stand people who are shouting instead of speaking so i closed it at 0:30.

The only problem with religions will always be people who think they know it all ...
i M@N

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Yeah, war is an acronym for: "We Are Right".

Doesn't really answer my question though. Why would people from sub-Saharan Africa claim to be Hebrews? They're not Egyptians or Israelites?
Is our true African heritage so embarrassing?

What about the white Jews? Are they not Hebrews or Israelites? Are they imposters?
Ranking Glasses

Re: Beautiful Examples of what the hell are you talking abou

Postby jb welda » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Ethiopians are descendants of sub Saharan slaves?

Wow. Didn't know that. Still don't know that. Since the Rift Valley is the birthplace of mankind, I would think the exact opposite would be the case.

or by "Rastas" do you mean Californian surfers and assorted weed smokers?

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Roman » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Why are they so angry?
Roman

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:38 pm

JB, I think you know exactly what I mean. Slaves were mainly taken from Gambia, Nigeria, etc. So how can the decendents of these slaves be Hebrews? If you have a sensible answer then fine. If not, I should be grateful of you would sod off please. Thanks.
Last edited by Ranking Glasses on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranking Glasses

Postby capullo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Ranking Glasses - have you read this interview with Little Roy? He's referring to this aswell.

(...) But even now in this time I still can’t see the reality of the 12 Tribes Of Israel because it was from the time of Jacob and we, those people that came from Africa, had nothing to do with those people who were on that side of the world. Abraham and those people were from the desert and our fore-parents were from the West coast of Africa – that’s where they were taken from. We weren’t from the Middle East so I would say it didn’t fit me.

http://unitedreggae.com/articles/n605/0 ... little-roy
capullo

Postby jb welda » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:11 pm

just wanted to pop in and let mr glasses know I will well post what I want when I want and regardless of his complaints (and ridiculous postulations and retorts). Thank you. I also note with continuing dismay his implications at the illegitimacy of rasta movements worldwide, this being just one small example.

many different groups, including Mormons, have seen themselves as descendents of the lost tribes of Israel, and therefore Hebrew. I do not think it any stretch of imagination at all that Ethiopians might see themselves that way nor that these Ethiopians spread out and settled all of Africa at one time. the geological record seems to indicate that as do studies of mankinds origins.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby guillaumebougard » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:35 am

I might add to JB Welda's post that OF COURSE these claims to be Hebrews are preposterous when taken in a literal sense. OF COURSE, Rastafarians are not that stupid as it is implied in Ranking Glasses' post. They have a highly developed sense of allegories, metaphors, etc...

They are not the only descendants of Africans who have used the Hebrew connection, as shown in the hundreds of Gospel songs created by North American members of the African diaspora.

It is worth reminding that for a long time, the only book that slaves were allowed was the Bible. So when those slaves read the Books of Exodus, Jeremiah and Kings, they must have felt an immediate connection, and quite naturally, some of them started calling themselves Hebrews.

Last, when Kennedy declared "Ich bin ein Berliner" in 1963, did anyone declare he was a goofball and that his claim was false????
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:16 am

JB, could it be that you're mixing up 2 different things? The remains of the first human being "Lucy" in Hadar, Ethiopia 3m years ago does as you say, "prove" that humans emanated from Ethiopia and there is strong evidence that these people spread to other parts of the world. However, the Hebrews came much later so how could they have migrated south of the Sahara? I have read a book by Chancellor Williams called "The Destruction of Black Civilisation" in which he refers to the conquest of Egypt by the Hebrews (Hyskos) and their period of rule from 1645 to 1567 BC. He also uses oral history and some physical evidence to "prove" that many of the ancient Egyptians were black.

People migrated southwards with the expansion of the Sahara and there were perpetual migrations within Africa due to famine, drought and war. I'm not convinced however that there is enough evidence to claim that black people like me are descended from Hebrews. We should just accept that we're from regions south of the Sahara (which the Europeans divided into countries to suit their own purposes through "partitioning").

I think that this tenuous link to the Hebrews and the Old Testament is so that the Rastafarians, the Black Hebrews and other groups can claim to be the chosen people of God. However, history and the Bible show that being the 'chosen people of God' may not be such a good thing.
Last edited by Ranking Glasses on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 am

Capullo and Guillame, I agree with most of you points. However, I didn't say or imply that anyone was stupid. While there is an obvious empathy between the oppressed of our time and the ancient Hebrews, I don't think that many Rastafarians or the Black Hebrews are speaking metaphorically when they claim to be descendants of the Hebrews. They are speaking literally. You can hear this in many Bob Marley interviews and in the music, e.g. Ethiopian Kings.

As I asked before, if the ancient Hebrews were black, who are the "white" Jews of today?

The Black Hebrews are so angry and confrontational because they are insecure in their position which doesn't hold water.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 am

...and because they're bonkers!
Ranking Glasses

Postby Jah Rebel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:25 pm

As stated here previously most descendants of African slaves have roots in Western-Africa. That being said, there were Ethiopian Jews. I'm stating that in the past tense as most of them have migrated to Israel. If you want to know how Jewish heritage ended up in Ethiopia I can recommend Graham Hancock's "The Sign and the Seal: The Quest for the Lost Ark of the Covenant".

Ites,
Rebel
Jah Rebel

Next

Return to General discussion