Rise Mystic Revelation Fundraising Campaign

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Rise Mystic Revelation Fundraising Campaign

Postby ras2thebone » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:14 pm

I was saddened to read that the Mystic Revelation of Rastafari's drums and other historic artifacts and instruments were destroyed in a fire last week. Count Ossie, who founded the drumming collective, is largely credited with bringing the Rastafari movement to east Kingston, creating a community where many of the foundation reggae reggae artists were first exposed to Rastafari. The group continues to perform in Jamaica and they were preparing for a summer tour of Europe when the fire occurred.

In an effort to help, Midnight Raver has launched the Rise Mystic Revelation fundraising campaign through CrowdRise with a goal of $1000. All donations may be made directly through the Rise Mystic Revelation CrowdRise page.

Donated funds are deposited directly into a WePay account I set up specifically for this campaign. On Thursday, I transferred the account to Samuel "Time" Williams, son of Count Ossie and proprietor of the damaged artifacts. Williams is now the owner and administrator of the account and he is the only individual with access to the donated funds.

To all those who have donated already, I give sincere thanks for your gratitude. We are already more than halfway to our goal.

Anything anyone can do to help us get the word out would be so much appreciated.

Respect...
ras2thebone

Return to General discussion