Ackee... which tune you favor?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Ackee... which tune you favor?

Postby StepDubStep » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 am

I'm talkin about the singer from the UK who killed it late 80's style. Even though his output is small, seems each tune has it's own special cult status grandure. Let us put it to a survey...

What is your favorite Ackee tune???

I favor "Raggamuffin Boggie Rock".
From a youth reggae inna me bloodstream, now a man reggae inna me system! From a boy reggae was my first joy, now a man reggae still number one!
StepDubStep

Re: Ackee... which tune you favor?

Postby jah_vaults » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:39 pm

StepDubStep wrote:I'm talkin about the singer from the UK who killed it late 80's style. Even though his output is small, seems each tune has it's own special cult status grandure. Let us put it to a survey...

What is your favorite Ackee tune???

I favor "Raggamuffin Boggie Rock".

I don't even think there are listing s for songs he sang Let alone have a survey. A very well underated artist like most reggae singers
jah_vaults

Postby StepDubStep » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Roughneck Time
Lick Them
Call Me Rambo
Raggamuffin Boogie Rock

Which one you like the best? :D
From a youth reggae inna me bloodstream, now a man reggae inna me system! From a boy reggae was my first joy, now a man reggae still number one!
StepDubStep

Postby **ROOTS** » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:41 pm

Roughneck Time is IMHO the best - looking for this tune on plastic so pm me if you have it for sale >> Bless
**ROOTS**

Postby StepDubStep » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:14 am

Roughneck Time is amazing. Seems to be the most difficult one to aquire these days.
StepDubStep

Postby **ROOTS** » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Yes indeed, Roughneck Time is amazing , to me one of the top 5 UK Digi from the late 80's ...
Who actually produced the music !? Is the singer still around ?
**ROOTS**

Postby StepDubStep » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:08 am

Revisiting these selections and just amazed at the man's lyrics. One hell of a story teller, Ackee!
StepDubStep

Postby Ruffneck » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:01 am

Yes, bad singer and always a story in his lyrics! As for favourite tune it depends a bit on the purpose, I have played Lick Them and Raggamuffin Boogie Rock in dances where the crazy intros on both really works. As for playing at home, Roughneck Time might be even better with the nice chords and drum patterns and superb vocal melody and lyrics. I am missing this tune on plastic too...
Ruffneck

Return to General discussion