Kilimanjaro LP repress

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Kilimanjaro LP repress

Postby scotto75 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the quality of the Twinkle Brothers Kilimanjaro LP is like? I heard that there were some strange noises and that the B-side is a bit hissy. Is this true?

Cheers.
scotto75

Re: Kilimanjaro LP repress

Postby jah_vaults » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:54 pm

I doubt it I think majority of twinkle Lps are excellent pressings as they were mainly pressed in Uk
jah_vaults

Postby jahkob » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm

I agree. But the new Finley Quaye LP got a less good sound quality to it. Haven't got any chance to compare it with another copy so can't say if its only my mine or not.
. . . live good and good shall come to you . . .
jahkob

Postby jah_vaults » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:15 pm

jah_vaults wrote:I doubt it I think majority of twinkle Lps are excellent pressings as they were mainly pressed in Uk

I am not sure about the latest releases though but I can vouch for the old releases which seem to be pressed in uk and excellent sound quality
jah_vaults

Postby scotto75 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Unfortunately, I received a copy of the reissue today and can confirm that the pressing on side B is so bad that the start of track 1 is completely unplayable. There are also some noticeable dimples and defects thoughout the whole of the record. Also, the buggers sent me one that was already played and had scratches on it, one big one on Zulu Dawn which was the main reason I bought it in the first place. Looks like I'm sending it back and holding out still for an original.
scotto75

Postby jah_vaults » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:15 pm

scotto75 wrote:Unfortunately, I received a copy of the reissue today and can confirm that the pressing on side B is so bad that the start of track 1 is completely unplayable. There are also some noticeable dimples and defects thoughout the whole of the record. Also, the buggers sent me one that was already played and had scratches on it, one big one on Zulu Dawn which was the main reason I bought it in the first place. Looks like I'm sending it back and holding out still for an original.

Where was this record Purchased from?
jah_vaults

Return to General discussion