the old ones - ramsack

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

the old ones - ramsack

Postby formula » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2jRzltiSF0

matrix is KH0096 ,so keith hudson. but, am i wrong or it's sound dimension band playing?? thoughts??
formula

Re: the old ones - ramsack

Postby marmalade » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Interesting, it's never occurred to me before but there's definitely a similarity to my ears...
marmalade

Postby formula » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:31 pm

no mention even in the rob chapman 'never grow old' book, even if few other ones are missing. if you ask me, this tune is a
so called studio one obscurity ;-)
formula

Postby finbar » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:54 pm

All ears are different, but this doesn't sound like a Studio One recording to me, Dynamic perhaps. Delroy left Dodd acrimoniously, so IMO it reduces the liklihood of him re-recording a song he cut earlier for Dodd in the very same studio for another producer. Not impossible, just unlikely.

But regardless of whether it was or wasn't, quite a few producers cut records Studio One, as it was a working studio for rent. But I don't know if I would call these "Studio One obscurities", or else that label would belong to tracks like The Beltone's "No More Heartaches", and The Abyssinian's "Declaration Of Rights". Only a Studio One production could truly be called a "Studio One obscurity".
finbar

Postby formula » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:24 pm

probably we'll never know the truth. but again, if you hear some sound dimension instrumentals from that period, they have same
arrangements, same mixing and so on. take for example ras danhi nowhere tune, david madden himself said it was recorded at
randys if i remember correctly, but if that is not a black ark....
formula

Postby RB » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:26 pm

it's a bit like a sound dimension instrumental in style, but not like studio 1 in sound.
my two cents
RB

Return to General discussion