The Mighty Roots of Englishman

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

The Mighty Roots of Englishman

Postby ras2thebone » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:47 am

http://wp.me/p1Uqgl-5ot

Englishman & Maccabee: How Reggae Took DC

Last edited by ras2thebone on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ras2thebone

Re: The Mighty Roots of Englishman

Postby kalcidis » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Great! I really love your blog and this was a very nice addition to it. Been listening to some Englishman & Maccabee but never owned any of their albums. Even bid once or twice but with no luck. Didn't know Englishman had been a member of Revelation. He's not a part of the members list on the back of the two very nice Revelation albums on Kingdom (vocal & dub). A small side note but I'm convinced that the man on the photo is not Nicodemus. At least not the Fada Demus who had a granny stung by a scorpion.
kalcidis

Re: The Mighty Roots of Englishman

Postby ras2thebone » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:20 am

Ha...thanks very much for the kind words. According to Englishman he was with Revelation from 1977-78. He was not one of the founding members but rehearsed and played bass on several live shows. Never recorded with them. The photo you refer to is a photo taken in DC, Englishman says 1979, however I still think it is much later - maybe 1983/84. Maccabee had close ties with Nicodemus from what I gather.
ras2thebone

Return to General discussion