Mixing credits of Dub Gone 2 Crazy?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Mixing credits of Dub Gone 2 Crazy?

Postby Dubster10 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi,

I have the Blood and Fire album Dub Gone 2 Crazy and it's great stuff, but I'm a bit disappointed that there's no information in the booklet about who mixed which track of the compilation. I'll be putting the CD into my iTunes and I'm wondering how I should name the artist of each track.

The album is by King Tubby & Prince Jammy but as far as I know, they didn't actually mix these tracks together but one person mixed some of the tracks, and the other person mixed others. The only thing the booklet says is "most of the dubs here were mixed by Jammy" and that's not exactly precise.

I wouldn't like to name the artist of every track as "King Tubby or Prince Jammy" or "Probably Prince Jammy" so can anyone help with this?

I'm guessing there may not be a lot of exact information as they perhaps didn't always write down the mixer of every dub at King Tubby's in the 70s, but do we know for sure the mixer of at least one or two of these tracks?

Thanks if you can help!
Dubster10

Re: Mixing credits of Dub Gone 2 Crazy?

Postby dom » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:31 pm

the b sides say version or tubbys

you'd have to go back in time to find out or ask scientist, he's sure to say he mixed them all
dom

Re: Mixing credits of Dub Gone 2 Crazy?

Postby Dubster10 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:25 am

Ok thanks, I gather it's simply not possible anymore to know exactly who did these dubs.
Dubster10

Return to General discussion