Mutabaruka live? Band or Digital?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Mutabaruka live? Band or Digital?

Postby AT2JA » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:32 am

I´ve been revisiting some of Muta´s work recently and I am really struck at how much more effective his words are when backed by a proper live band as opposed to digital farts and burps. :?

I´m wondering what he does live - full band or a couple of guys pushing laptop keys? Anyone care to comment and enlighten me?
AT2JA

Re: Mutabaruka live? Band or Digital?

Postby ice » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:21 am

well that's not gonna help you a lot - but back in the 80s he was backed live by the High Times Band, with Chinna in the line up
ice

Postby asher selector » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:54 am

Iriie Biig UP ...

Yes Up , in the 80's , 90's Mutabaruka use to Come with Full Full Band with Harry T & Nuff HIGH TIMES Players ...

Also in the mid 90's him use to turn with The Son of TOOTS on Bass 6 String Biiig Big & Big Drummer ..... ohhhh is name can't come in my memories right now ... it was a 4 musicians band if I remember Good but dem was BIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ...

In 89' in Munich I was taking Mutabaruka Show , and , one time Muta ask the Musician's to leave to stage and him Start a POETRY Without Muzik , and some massive was making some noise , and some say muzik , call back (forward) the band ... and , Muta tell dem Please cool & listen , him tell dem 2 or 3 time and it was still noise & Muzik Please ... MUTABARUKA little Vex & Serious Say YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO IS MUTABARUKA BEFORE BUYING U TICKET BECAUSE I AM A POETRY AND FOR DAT BEFORE I ASK MY BAND TO COME FORWARD ON STAGE I GO GIVE YOU 3 MORE POETRY WITHOUT MUZIK ... It Was STRONG STRONG SRONG - RASTAFARI ...
Reggae Muzik More www.raspectshop.com Irie ...
asher selector

Postby asher selector » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:56 am

Yes Yes The Drummer was DESI ROOTS or Desi something VERRY Big Drummer ... Maybe same drummer as Chalice , I am not Sure Now ahahhahahhaha ... But Yes The Drum was DESI ... ROOTS I FEEL ...
Reggae Muzik More www.raspectshop.com Irie ...
asher selector

Return to General discussion