Wrong track on ROCKERS CD

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Wrong track on ROCKERS CD

Postby j j » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:38 am

This may have been discussed before but I was looking at the "Rockers" OST Definitive Remasters CD on Island Records which lists track 10. as The Rockers All Stars - Man In The Street . When playing a sound sample of track 10 I get the Upsetters Dread Lion. I wonder if all copies are like this?

Thanx
j j
j j

Re: Wrong track on ROCKERS CD

Postby jb welda » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:03 pm

that, I believe, was the difference between the USA release and the UK release: one (USA I think) had the man in the street and the other (that leaves UK version) had dread lion on it. then I believe they reissued it in both countries with dread lion. so they may be using that master but the USA artwork. kinda dumb. but if it includes the extended version of Bunny Wailers' Rockers theme I would buy it for that alone (but it probably does not include this which so far has only surfaced on solomonic 12" back in the day and then one version of the film on DVD included a bunch of extra music including the extended title track

one love
jb
jb welda

Re: Wrong track on ROCKERS CD

Postby jb welda » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:08 pm

just checked EB for this and I see that he shows the artwork with dread lion as track 10 as it should be...but his track listing does claim man in the streets is track 10 however his sound sample confirms its dread lion.

really f'ed up this one as I would say. but as I indicated in previous post, this has been a mess since it was released.

also no extended "rockers"...which means no reason to buy it for me anyway.

one love
jb
jb welda

Return to General discussion