Tune ID - Dub Judah tuned played by Jah Youth (with sample!)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Tune ID - Dub Judah tuned played by Jah Youth (with sample!)

Postby MaxReeves » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Hello, BAF! Long time no see.

I finally found a recording of a Dub Judah tune I've been after for some time. I heard Jah Youth play a dubplate version of this tune a number of years ago, where part of the lyrics go "nuff respect Jah protect the Roots Ambassador." I had a recording of this session but lost it... several times. Anyway, I uploaded the a sample here, it's from a different Jah Youth dance: https://soundcloud.com/who_dat/jah-yout ... ambassador

Who know anything about the tune? Has it ever been released? I'm pretty familiar with Dub Judah's disco, but I've never came across this tune. Any information is appriciated.

Thanks!
MaxReeves

Re: Tune ID - Dub Judah tuned played by Jah Youth (with samp

Postby jahkob » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Jah Youth got history playing exclusive Dub Judah music, some which have later been released and some not, this one though could very well be a exclusive dub as Jah Youth is known as the Roots Ambassador, hence the lyrics. Time will tell if it will see release or not. Great tune either way.
. . . live good and good shall come to you . . .
jahkob

Postby MaxReeves » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:41 am

jahkob wrote:Jah Youth got history playing exclusive Dub Judah music, some which have later been released and some not, this one though could very well be a exclusive dub as Jah Youth is known as the Roots Ambassador, hence the lyrics. Time will tell if it will see release or not. Great tune either way.

It's funny that you answered because I had just finished listening to the latest New Romatic show when I started listened to this Jah Youth tape. Nice selection! :)
I think you might've been there when they played the dubplate I was talking about? It was at URF 2005.

You're probably right that it's a Jah Youth exclusive. Dub Judah is like the Mozart of reggae, sh***ing killer dubplates like it ain't nothing.
MaxReeves

Postby jahkob » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Thank you. I missed out a few tunes that I wanted to play but thats how it go sometimes. If its the URF 2005 tape you´re after I can upload it as I was the one who recorded it.
. . . live good and good shall come to you . . .
jahkob

Return to General discussion