Subwoofer recommendations

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Subwoofer recommendations

Postby Mark T » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:08 pm

So I am looking at getting a subwoofer. This is for home listening, doesn't need to shake the house down!
I have a Pro-Ject Debut paired with a NAD326BEE amp and using Wharfedale Evolution2-8 speakers. I've looked around a few sites but thought some people may have something to recommend. I'm thinking $200 or less but I'm not stuck on that. I like quality and just want something to boost the bass - I'd rather wait a bit and pay more to get the right unit.
Cheers,
Mark T
Mark T

Re: Subwoofer recommendations

Postby Donovan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 am

That's a sweet amp Mark, I'm jealous. Here is my recommendation: Use both subwoofer outs on the 326bee. Run dual subs! I run two Polk PSW10's which are $100 apiece. My Onkyo receiver only has one sub output so I have to put a splitter on the back. I'll bet the Polk's would match up nicely with your Wharfedales. I've had mine for two years, no problems so far.
Donovan

Re: Subwoofer recommendations

Postby Mark T » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:41 am

Thanks Donovan, I will take a look at those units. The amp is certainly sweet, one of my best ever Ebay buys at less than half the price of new and it was still in the box. Probably not a 'reggae amp' as such but everything sounds good with it.
Mark T
Mark T

Return to General discussion