Latest NZ Earthquake (watch)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Latest NZ Earthquake (watch)

Postby j j » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:42 pm

latest earthquake caught on camera from yesterday (Monday) at about 4pm . was a 6.2 which is classed as severe.
The girl in the clip lives in Kapiti which is where I live . I was walking my dogs when it happened.This one actually made me stagger, I saw this huge ripple run along the street.
I gotta admire the dog race commentater on the clip that follows. Even after the monitor falls on him he still calls the race in a very professional manner. :D :D :D

http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8786 ... -on-camera

we only had a few things fall of shelves & a glass break, nothing serious.
j j
j j

Re: Latest NZ Earthquake (watch)

Postby Mark T » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:31 am

Jeez, I can't imagine what it's like though the Vancouver area will doubtless experience it at some point.
Here in the Pacific Northwest extreme weather/natural disaster reports are dominated by the rumour that the sun may actually make an appearance. While this may not seem like much to most of you we hates it! It gets in our eyes and burns our flesh….. (in Gollum voice).
Good luck JJ
Mark T
Mark T

Re: Latest NZ Earthquake (watch)

Postby Ras Berry » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Vid not available in my area, but the post reminded me of the "Great Dudley (pronounced Dudlaaay) Quake of 2002*. I was awoken in my bed by its approach and instinctively tensed my body. I felt the ripple go through the house and saw my bed lift a little. My back ached for a couple of days afterwards. Didn't mention that in the news at the time, did they!

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Dudley_earthquake

8)
Ras Berry

Return to General discussion