WSP Soundtrack with Augustus Pablo and Hugh Mundell Added

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

WSP Soundtrack with Augustus Pablo and Hugh Mundell Added

Postby ras2thebone » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:24 pm

The Word, Sound, and Power Soundtrack has been issued with previously unreleased tracks by Mundell & Pablo. Audio from the Jerry Stein video of Pablo & Mundell at Pablo's place in Port Maria.

http://midnightraverblog.com/2013/11/18/brand-new-just-for-you/
ras2thebone

Re: WSP Soundtrack with Augustus Pablo and Hugh Mundell Adde

Postby ras2thebone » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:07 am

Just received this message from Jerry about the music contained on this "soundtrack." Stein is a great dude and he has pure gold on his film and audio reels.

"This has never been released…There are songs on it that are from "Visions of Love" Earl Zero's album, and I used them because it fits and blends with the acoustic versions. I also put up the seed money for the recording of that album at Channel One and was ripped off by certain individuals. I'm sure you can guess.

Anyhoo there are different versions of songs that are in the movie, some unreleased, some done at the same time at channel one such as "Live Good My Brother" (The dub of that is insane) written by Tony but sung by Tristan Palma. There are quite a few knockouts such as Zero doing Home Sweet Home acoustic, same filming but the guitar was off so I didn't put it in the flim. I kick myself for that one!!

The song order isn't correct yet and I need to press a bunch up with high quality cover. I'm offering it on the WSP website with the DVD or separately.

I want to edit the film and include Pablo and Mundell, so far its in the box set on Pablo from shanachie records. I'm working on being able to get the CD out properly and if money comes through I can edit.

The quality is amazing as I went back to the original negative to master the digi-beta.

We used the tape recorder (Nagra, which at the time was mono) that was used on The Harder They Come through a meeting with Perry Henzel, mucho vibes ina dat tape recorder. My friend jeff did all the location sound with it and when it came time for the DVD he turned it into 5.1 surround sound. The guys incredible and we also go back to SF art institute days as well as Doug. When he did that the owner of the film production house in SF (Was the biggest) wanted to sit in on that one to learn how Jeff was doing it. If you like check out his site."
ras2thebone

Return to General discussion