The ganja stereotype: is it correct and does it help reggae?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: The ganja stereotype: is it correct and does it help reg

Postby dan i dubdub » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:32 pm

underated wrote:A big shout out to Apostle & Reggie Love & anyone else out there that has suffered or continues to have health problems.
Hope your doing okay, all the best going out to you.

+1
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub

Postby Roman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Right now I really wish all of you lots of health, strength, joy and happiness from the very bottom of my heart... But... Please... Don't blame "reggae culture" for your own actions, bad habits and negative choices in life.
Roman

Postby Apostle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:57 pm

underated wrote:Hope your doing okay, all the best going out to you.

How kind! Anyway, I don't experience a lot of problems from the pneumothorax at the time being. I recovered really well. I'm actually grateful this happened, because it made me quit smoking immediately. If this wouldn't have happened I would still be smoking.
And Roman, I never said I was blaming reggae culture. I'm responsible for my own actions, and I was a damn heavy smoker. Apart from a regular spliff I smoked lots of cigarettes on a daily basis.
But then again, as I said I know about three guys from the same reggae-soundsystem circle that had the same problem. So it's a bit like with ganja, imho it's a bit naive to keep acting like it's all good. Smoking loads on a daily basis isn't good for you, especially not during puberty while your brain is in full development. And standing in front of the speakers all evening and taking in the deepest bass isn't good for your body and balance system either. Soundsystem should be sweet, not a weapon of agression.
So I'm against the stereotype because it relates reggae with a nice feeling but also with a lot of bad things. Not against reggae itself, that's one thing I really love.
Apostle

Previous

Return to General discussion