what is the rarest dub lp?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: what is the rarest dub lp?

Postby StepDubStep » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:24 pm

That's the one yms. Thanks!
From a youth reggae inna me bloodstream, now a man reggae inna me system! From a boy reggae was my first joy, now a man reggae still number one!
StepDubStep

Postby capullo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 pm

StepDubStep is right - the herb on dub IS a very rare dub lp. vanished quickly on discogs and probably won't show up too soon...
capullo

Postby StepDubStep » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Glad I acted! The NM copy should be with me soon. :D
From a youth reggae inna me bloodstream, now a man reggae inna me system! From a boy reggae was my first joy, now a man reggae still number one!
StepDubStep

Postby edgar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:39 pm

they had a copy of Fatman Riddim Section Meets Downtown Horns at reckless records about 1.5 month ago. Priced 60 pound. And Ive seen Sweet Africa by Earth and Stone more than once here in London. Not very hard to find here, usually priced around 20 quid. Probably the least rarest release on that label. I remember they once had several copies of it at Music Temple.

However from a perspective of living in NZ I can imagine everything is rare..Compared to living in for example London, Toronto or New York.
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Postby charasi-i » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:03 am

Didn't know that The Herb on Dub was that rare , not a bad album . The vocal set is also pretty good too .
Alakh ! Bam Bam Bholanath ! Bom Shiva !
charasi-i

Postby Vital Sounds Hi Fi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:59 am

edgar wrote:However from a perspective of living in NZ I can imagine everything is rare..Compared to living in for example London, Toronto or New York.

Yes, no real chance of digging for reggae vinyl here in NZ. And unfortunately Ebay sets the prices these days. But if you wait long enough you can usually find what you are looking for at a good price...
Vital Sounds Hi Fi

Postby jay-b » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:29 am

yes vital - just as bad in Australia....
jay-b

Previous

Return to General discussion