Yami Bolo LIVE on Tunnel One Radio

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Yami Bolo LIVE on Tunnel One Radio

Postby djmush1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:54 pm

http://wnyu.org/files/2013-10-15_tunnelone.mp3

Yami Bolo Earthstrong event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/160803380793316/

Greetings,

Yami Bolo is celebrating his earthstrong in fine style this Sat 19 Oct 2013 in Somerset, NJ @ Venue 1850 (1850 Easton Ave); in anticipation for this great event, Yami passed through Tunnel One Radio on WNYU (New York University Radio) this week and rocked the mic live in a rub a dub style on melodica & vocals over a whole heap of his earliest digi riddims for Augustus Pablo & Junior Delgado - teacher and student (w/ dub engineer djMush1) - this is MADDDDDDDDDDDD !!! The Link to listen is at the top of the post, and the 2nd link is the link to his earthstrong stage show - enjoy - !

*** *** Some other dope recent LIVE guests on Tunnel One (to listen, just change the date in the above link to the links below; please make sure to note the syntax of the date in the "listen" link above):

Mikey Jarrett (8.21.13) (Live performance)

Original "Mack Daddy" Mikey Jarrett, one of the founders of the NYC dancehall scene from the late 70's (including performances on sounds such as the now legendary Sons Junior), holds the mic in a rub a dub style, and promotes his big rub a dub dance "Haul and Pull with Your Dancing Partner" featuring Gemini and African Star sound systems from Jamaica. Also features djMush1 as selector & soundsystem engineer.

Philip Frazer (8.13.13) (Live performance)

An incredible singer who has been performing professionally since the late 1960s, Philip Frazer was influenced early on by the late, great Slim Smith (of the Techniques vocal group and Bunny Lee stable). Philip Frazer is one of the select few artists that has had hits in every era of reggae music since the late 1960s, from late rocksteady to deep roots reggae and dub, to the digital dancehall era of the 1980's, and even the 90's and beyond. Philip regularly travels between Kingston, Miami, and Brooklyn, and its a blessing to have someone of his experience and caliber bless the mic here @ WNYU. Philip holds the mic in a rub a dub style and bigs up his upcoming stageshow in Brooklyn from this summer past. Also features djMush1 as selector & soundsystem engineer.

Professor Grizzly (6.25.13) (Live performance)

Professor Grizzly was one of the unheralded great singers of the 1980's, and had a big hit with Little Lenny with the tune Shining Star circa 1987. However, thanks to the recent reissue of his tune Fight the Professor, originally on Brooklyn's Crat label, by the European reissue label Basic Reply, Professor Grizzly's "star" is shining again, as he has only recently gained worldwide recognition for his earlier works. The Professor holds the mic in a rub a dub style and rinses some of his classic tunes, and also gives a taste of some of his brand new recordings. Also features djMush1 as selector & soundsystem engineer.

Conroy Smith (05.14.13) (Live performance)

Arguably one of the greatest dub plate singers of all time (along side Courtney Melody and Johnny Osbourne), Conroy Smith ruled the dancehall in the 1980s with his massive hits "Dangerous" for the Redman label, and "Original Sound", with versions for both King Tubby's Firehouse label and George Phang's Powerhouse label. Conroy Smith's debut on WNYU features incredible live performances of both of these songs, as well as some of Conroy Smith's deeper, collector's material. Also features djMush1 as selector & soundsystem engineer.
djmush1

Re: Yami Bolo LIVE on Tunnel One Radio

Postby jb welda » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:10 am

this all sounds like killer stuff, I was just listening to the yami bolo which was great up to the point where he came on, and then it appeared to go silent, and the timer was ticking along so I don't think my puter froze. any idea what that's about?

and I would love it if you could make links to downloadable versions of these, would love to be able to listen in detail. that yami bolo one sounds very promising from what I heard.

thanks again, those mikey Jarrett and phillip frazer set ought to be awesome.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby djmush1 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:22 am

I just rechecked the link, it's working, I think you just had a computer issue, I would suggest giving it another try. Also, due to copyright restrictions (remember those?), we are not supposed to permit d/l'ing music radio programs. That being said, it's not super hard to figure out how to d/l them....
djmush1

Postby jb welda » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:42 pm

give me a clue then...

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jb welda » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm

a PM will suffice if you are concerned about "copyright" issues. although I truly do not understand what the problem could be and I have worked in radio for pretty much 30 years. I live out in the country where my internet speed is often very poor and streaming just doesn't work so I am SOL when it comes to listening to these things without being able to download them.

thanks again

one love
jb
jb welda

Return to General discussion