records that i'm not sure actually exist

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: records that i'm not sure actually exist

Postby capullo » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:34 pm

by JT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:02 am

I would be quite curious about this one - way back in the days of the old message board, a certain DEB historian would time to time make reference to his white label pre-release dub version of Aswad's original, self titled album on Island. This would have been much in the same context as the Rico Wareika dub white label that eventually made the rounds.

Anyone ever heard or seen this Aswad S/T in Dub?

maybe you are referring to this single sided (flip is just a reference tone/beep) white label 12inch with a stamp in red "Island Dub Aswad" and hand writing on the label. very sparse mixes of:

1. Back To Africa
2. Back To Africa (Version)
3. Irie Woman Dub
4. Natural Progression Dub

i bought this some years back on ebay but don't have any info anymore. i can't find anything on the internet about this 12inch either.
capullo

Postby guillaumebougard » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:13 am

Robbie keeps telling me there is a Gregory Isaacs tune on his Bar Bell label but never seen or heard it.

Anybody has any idea?
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:58 pm

A Delroy Wilson cut to Cornell Campbell's "Jah Jah Give Us Love".
"Queen Majesty" by the Chosen Few.
Ranking Glasses

Postby King Patti Sounds » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:38 am

Hi, just wondering if these following tunes do exist or not.

1) Trevor Junior - I and I time ( 12" at Black Roots label ?)
Back in the 80s I had a tape with this tune followed by a dubversion which was different (and better imo) than the 'Livity Reggae' Reissue of 2010. I read somewhere it maybe had been released at the Black Roots label.

2) The Viceroys - Miracles. It does appear at some compilation albums, but is there a 7" with version too ? Great tune.

3) Same for Barry Brown - Ketch-A-Fire. Does this exist as 7" with version ? Have it with version on an old tape too, but could be mixed.

Thx ;)
King Patti Sounds

Postby ZionRootical » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:13 am

I n I time - never seen a 12" however vocal on lp and dub is also on a Peter chemist lp
ZionRootical

Postby RB » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:06 am

"I & I Time" was not released as a single, but it was a VERY popular rhythm on dubplate and in general, with many different vocal cuts and dubs out there, released and unreleased.

i don't think "ketch a fire" was ever released before Thompson Sound LP in the 90s?
RB

Postby skunkride » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:59 am

Ketch A Fire was originally released on Cool Pon Your Corner LP, Trojan UK.
Released on 7" few years ago on one of the Bunny Lee/Jamaican Recordings labels.
skunkride

Postby shadrach » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:54 am

ZionRootical wrote:I n I time - never seen a 12" however vocal on lp and dub is also on a Peter chemist lp

Can be found indeed on the 'Presenting The Posse LP' and the Scientist vs Peter Chemist LP ' 1999 Dub'
shadrach

Postby King Patti Sounds » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:15 am

Thanx for all comments :D !
I'll check these releases soon
King Patti Sounds

Postby jahkob » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Is it just something my mind made up or did that 80-s Channel One dubplate with Max Romeo posing off as Prophet-something get a release about 10 years ago?
https://www.mixcloud.com/DUBDISCO45/
jahkob

Postby Jack Johnson » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:49 am

a bit early for most here but i'm not sure about these existing at all on (original) 45...although they are meant to be out there somewhere
bad treatment - soul vendors
contemplating mind - barrington spence (someone did repress it a few years back)
...have a feeling they were released on dubplate originally, i came across a dub copy of contemplating mind
Jack Johnson

Postby marko » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:09 am

skunkride wrote:Ketch A Fire was originally released on Cool Pon Your Corner LP, Trojan UK.
Released on 7" few years ago on one of the Bunny Lee/Jamaican Recordings labels.

I have Cool Pon Your Corner LP on a Japanese pressed Trojan from 1980, pretty sure the tune is called Jah Jah Fire first track of side 1 or 2, dub is spliced on end of vocal (used to frustrate the hell out of me as it was a good splice and great dub but dub only ran a minute or so).
marko

Postby jay-b » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 am

Re contemplating mind - I too recall seeing it a while ago seemingly on repress. Although not definitive, Charlie Morgan's Coxsone's Discography doesn't list it either (but I suspect you know that already!)
jay-b

Postby formula » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:18 pm

the bootleg from few years back has a great sound quality and last but not least another true killer on the other side. someone told me
about the existence of 'contemplating mind' on 7'' acetates with muzik city stamp... never seen myself one anyway
formula

Postby grubby mits » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:43 pm

I have two friends who are sure they have heard another cut to Sugar Minnott's "Can't test me" 7" on mixing lab back in the day. Asked Bulby about it a few years back but he couldn't remember. I know its been relicked but talking about an original cut back in about 91. Anyone heard it?
grubby mits

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion