NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby mikus » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:06 pm

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it

Only got some very sketchy notes which I scribbled, not much to go on, but Im sure someone will get them. 4 here:

-Mirror Mirror, my god to me

-tune with a chorus Need a revolution which was followed by an excursion into two similar cuts about "too much confusion / too much illusion"

-and all Ive got for this one is Why Why Why Suffer <there was more to it than that!

-and a very up, bouncy instrumental with a trilling melodica line, with a nice digital lick in the background <maybe if someone was there and they know it they might get that one < played about 5pm or so I think

thanks
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
User avatar
mikus
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: south london

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby Sinai Sound » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:28 am

Track 2 is probably this

http://www.descendantmusic.co.uk/dmu002.php

Sheffield style!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SinaiSound
User avatar
Sinai Sound
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:17 pm
Location: Sheffield, England

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby brigadierjc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 am

I have one ID request too.
Aba played a tune that went like "If you want to live forever just say I do"
Amazing roots tune.

Anyone knows?
brigadierjc
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Landan

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby Sinai Sound » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/SinaiSound
User avatar
Sinai Sound
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:17 pm
Location: Sheffield, England

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby mikus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 am

Sinai Sound wrote:Track 2 is probably this

http://www.descendantmusic.co.uk/dmu002.php

Sheffield style!


Yeah that was the PT2 Im pretty sure, or something every similiar. PT

Talking of Will Tee the melodica cut Im after reminds me a lot of Will Tee's Kings Horn, with its fast trills - possibly an exclusive mix of it?
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
User avatar
mikus
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: south london

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby mikus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 pm

One more: this was one of the last tunes of the day - anyone know it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qamu9-dzpk
(filmed from outside the inner circle so a bit pedestrian)
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
User avatar
mikus
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: south london

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby brigadierjc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Sinai Sound wrote:This will be the one Mr Jc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4GWKziTyeY


I should have known...
Cheers Huw!
brigadierjc
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Landan

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby KingSimeonSound » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:56 pm

Earthquake tune, Aba has had the dub cuts for many years. It was later re-done on a TNT album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px2u9YiPQ-g
https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
KingSimeonSound
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: London

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby keety roots » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:49 am

mikus wrote:If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it

Only got some very sketchy notes which I scribbled, not much to go on, but Im sure someone will get them. 4 here:

-Mirror Mirror, my god to me

-tune with a chorus Need a revolution which was followed by an excursion into two similar cuts about "too much confusion / too much illusion"


thanks


First riddim:Nearer nearer my god to thee (mike brooks) black legacy production ltd 10" on coptic lion label

Second riddim:Need a revolution (keety roots) forth comming ep on black legacy, to be released end of september.
http://www.myspace.com/keetyroots
http://www.blacklegacyrecords.com
Email:blacklegacyrecords@hotmail.co.uk

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the council of the ungodly,nor standeth in the way of sinners,nor sitteth in the seat of the scornfull
keety roots
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:30 am
Location: London uk

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby keety roots » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:26 am

keety roots wrote:
mikus wrote:If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it

Only got some very sketchy notes which I scribbled, not much to go on, but Im sure someone will get them. 4 here:

-Mirror Mirror, my god to me

-tune with a chorus Need a revolution which was followed by an excursion into two similar cuts about "too much confusion / too much illusion"


thanks


First riddim:Nearer nearer my god to thee (mike brooks) black legacy production ltd 10" on coptic lion label

Second riddim:Need a revolution (keety roots) forth comming ep on black legacy, to be released end of september.

check out abashanti i mashing down the revolution riddim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... j5_jOjMrcA
http://www.myspace.com/keetyroots
http://www.blacklegacyrecords.com
Email:blacklegacyrecords@hotmail.co.uk

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the council of the ungodly,nor standeth in the way of sinners,nor sitteth in the seat of the scornfull
keety roots
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:30 am
Location: London uk

Re: NH Monday Aba Shanti ID's

Postby mikus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 am

Keety, thank you 8)
big tunes
respect
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
User avatar
mikus
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: south london


Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests