Foundation DVD discography

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Foundation DVD discography

Postby dubitup » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:40 pm

For years I’ve collected DVDs of dances and stage shows between 1980 and 1996, because they were never officially released or commercially available titles for these videos varied and I often ended up buying the same video multiple times so I created a list which I then thought could act as a discography, which doesn’t seem to be on the internet yet, the aim is to;

• Maintain the most comprehensive discography of DVDs from this genre/era
• Promote the sounds/artists
• Create a community and trading place for people with an interest in foundation dancehall DVDs
• Offer to convert dances that people have gathering dust on VHS, free of charge

No sales will take place & no video content will be uploaded, this isn’t a commercial venture, rather a community for collectors.

http://www.vintagedancehalldvds.com

Let me know if you have any feedback and feel free to join the forums
Thanks
dubitup

Re: Foundation DVD discography

Postby beenie bongo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:05 pm

nice one dubitup, will have a look if I've got some videos not listed on your website. bless.
beenie bongo

Postby southlondonstephen » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Great work mate! well done
Listen to my Funky People Show Tuesdays 6.00-8.00 on www.purple-radio.co.uk and for rare soul check Sunday Soul Soup 12-2pm

www.mixcloud.com/stephent
southlondonstephen

Postby Peter Dalton » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Can't help you with the DVD discography, but I can add a couple of titles to your live dancehall LP listing:

A Dee-Jay Explosion Inna Dance Hall Style, Heartbeat, 1982. Gemini Disco recorded at Skateland Roller Disco, Half Way Tree Square, Ja. Featuring: Eek-A-Mouse, Welton irie, Sister Nancy, Ringo, Brigadier Jerry, Ranking Toyan, Lee Van Cliff, Prince Mohammed, Nigger Kojak, Errol Scorcher, Prince jazzbbo.

The Bibo Posse Live, white label (produced by Ossie Thomas), 1982/3? Featuring Peter Metro, Zu Zu, Robert French.
Peter Dalton

Postby rastafariliveth » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Nice site, good work in documenting, preserving the info as no one has done fully with the dance vids online before will message with some additions as promised.....
AKA Bwoyrough
rastafariliveth

Return to General discussion