Shipping Jamaica

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Shipping Jamaica

Postby RassAppie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 pm

I've orderd a 12 inch at Joespinners shopp at ebay but how long does it take the record will araive in holland is the are some problems with postage in jamaica that things can be slow? or some lack? i already waiting a month thanx
Jah Jah Send His Blessings, Upon Each And Everyone (Gladstone "Gladdy" Anderson)
RassAppie

Re: Shipping Jamaica

Postby loyaljester » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:03 am

No need to worry yet. Jamaica post apparently waits until there is a full container of airmail before shipping so deliveries could sometimes be rather slow. Remember I waited more than two months a few years ago due to a bad ass hurricane hitting Jamaica but eventually everything arrived. So in my experience, Jamaica Post is "slow but sure" as Eek-A-Mouse would say... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBZgTH98YQA
loyaljester

Postby jb welda » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:08 am

On the other hand, not to alarm you, I have heard of packages being drilled into to see if any white powder comes out. hopefully that's not a current practice.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby minidub » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:07 am

well personally, I just received a package in fine condition this week of 3 7" from JA and they arrived pretty quickly for the cheapest shipping service.

that said, I am still waiting on a single 12" from JA that I paid for on june 27th, and have recently been in contact with the seller and am not worried; this is a more typical speed of delivery.

all that said, I hope the 12" record arrives in fine form. one of the more recent purchases I had from JA arrived with the dreaded awl pokes in the package--deep enough to damage the record on both sides. such an archaic way to check for drugs, etc.

m.
minidub

Postby formula » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:51 am

usually it takes 40/50 days to arrive in Europe from Jamaica, one time i had waited even 3 (!!!) months.
just be patient, you'll have your package
formula

Postby edgar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:54 pm

I ordered from joespinner as well in the past several time (from Jamaica to Holland) it takes about 4 to 5 weeks.

It takes on average 8 weeks (experienced that with various different sellers, so it's not that someone is very slow with posting it) to order something from Canada btw.
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Postby RassAppie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Okee many thanks everybody :)
i was a a little worried i've orderd the 12 inch of jimmy rily - nice people wich was another mix of al other Yes and the 7 inch release
so this one is special to me :)

Jah Bless

Jah Appie
Jah Jah Send His Blessings, Upon Each And Everyone (Gladstone "Gladdy" Anderson)
RassAppie

Return to General discussion