Jah Life In Dub

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Jah Life In Dub

Postby jps » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:49 pm

This ended up going for over $1000.

Thanks for the clarification RB. Like Kalcidis mentioned, I could never figure out the Germain/Jah Life connection. And that is great news that this will be a future DKR release....very much looking forward to that.

Kalcidis, congrats on the job. Good to see you now have a little more money now to keep up with that record collecting obsession we all have. And good for you in going big on this one, but I'm assuming that was not you that ended up winning this.
jps

Postby jb welda » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:56 pm

weren't there at least a couple other Germain/Revolutionary Sounds dub lps? like Rev Sounds in Dub which I think but not sure is the dub counterpart of the cultural roots vocal album? and I think I have seen at least one other as well but cant recall details.

a thousand dollars that went for? just goes to show I was buying all the wrong records here all along.

edit: oh yeah forgot to ask, and excuse my ignorance, but DKR...what is that?

and I wonder what roots archive is basing their info on, the actual unreleased LP or the germain LP in the jah life cover?

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jps » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:14 pm

DKR is Digikiller Records. RB is the man behind it, or at least one of, don't know all of the details. I'm just very thankful for the work they put in releasing some great records. Same goes for Bond Export who seems to have been handling a good amount of the past Jah Life releases.
jps

Postby mghifi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:33 am

Other than Revolutionary Sounds In Dub, I have these dub offerings from Germain:

Dub Off Har Blouse & Skirt Vol 1
Sentimental Dub (sometimes called Dub Off Har Blouse & Skirt Vol 2)
Dub Off Har Blouse & Skirt Vol 3

plus these two 4 track dub ep's:

Four On One
Jermain Dubb
mghifi

Postby jay-b » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:37 am

ahhhh - the search for rare elusive dub outings- I love it! don't have this one but never really thought any of the germain released dub LP's would quite stretch to $1,000 in value?

from the sleeve notes of the jah life cover, it looks like it was originally intended to be basically a barrington levy in dub release - so maybe not that special anyway?
jay-b

Postby Chaz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 pm

When all's said and done, there are surely only a handful of truly inspired dub albums? Most are dub by numbers, with little inspired mixing IMO.
Chaz

Postby mghifi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:31 pm

I'll take the least "inspired" of the original albums, over ALL of the modern pro-tools dub dullness out there.
mghifi

Postby jps » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Looks like this record is up again for auction here in the US. No sleeve though. Already well over $100 with 6 days left still.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roots-Radics-Ja ... 53fea45f9d
jps

Postby ephteeay » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:52 am

now with samples at the bottom of the listing to end some of the mystery
ephteeay

Postby kalcidis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:54 am

So what are the rhythms? Could only ID two of them (Sugar Minott - Slice of the Cake, Lee Van Cleef - Reggae Sunsplash) and then that elusive Wade Dyce/Cultural Roots. I guess I'm quite glad I didn't win the record. It sounded nice but in no way a record worth serious money (anything above $30 is paying for rarity I guess).
kalcidis

Postby patxiez » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:57 am

kalcidis wrote:So what are the rhythms? Could only ID two of them (Sugar Minott - Slice of the Cake, Lee Van Cleef - Reggae Sunsplash) and then that elusive Wade Dyce/Cultural Roots. I guess I'm quite glad I didn't win the record. It sounded nice but in no way a record worth serious money (anything above $30 is paying for rarity I guess).

I guess the Wade Dyce tune you mention is the one on the rhythm that sounds like water pumping. What is that song? I mean, what is the vocal version of that dub?
patxiez

Postby jps » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks, I didn't even realize there were clips at the very bottom.

That 2nd track reminds me of Yellowman- Lost Mi Love (Junjo's Dirty Harry riddim). This riddim was actually just re-done in the past year by Oneness Records. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtDnw69F0FY
jps

Postby ephteeay » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 pm

The samples were added last night..
Yes, the riddim is a version of Glen Brown's Dirty Harry (including the horns)
ephteeay

Postby Ranchie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:19 pm

For what it's worth, one of the tracks is a version of the Diamonds "Brotherman," released on a Germain 12.
Ranchie

Postby guillaumebougard » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:38 am

RB wrote:yes, the real "Jah Life in Dub" LP will be released via DKR in the future, featuring the original intended art as on that jacket. it was mixed and completed on tape, just never released.

re: the Germain LP
i have 'Dub Out...' Vol. 3 as well, it's a good LP w/ some wicked Cultural Roots dubs, i never bothered to compare it to the youtube sample below, but if you did and they don't match up, then this Germain LP in the Jah Life jacket must be a rare one in and of itself...

the real Jah Life in Dub is a badass piece of Dub by Scientist. DKR uses the original sleeves, they smell wonderful, are thick and the new vinyls are, as usual with DKR, very nicely pressed.
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

Previous

Return to General discussion