Meet Festus Coxsone

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Meet Festus Coxsone

Postby minidub » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm

hi stephen.

I really enjoy your works and informative posts, and wondered if I should retract that part about the handshake before even I posted it. your explanation was completely foreseeable and makes perfect sense; I've been in the same awkward position.

I left the comment in there because as a still shot, my eyes can't stop gravitating to the handshake. didn't mean to offend or belittle.

m.
minidub

Postby southlondonstephen » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 pm

M no offence taken at all- I felt the same thing at the time about the shake and it is clear that we are really just holding hands. But hey I got to hold Cornel Campbell's hand! :P

Thanks for your kind words about my shows- cheers.

Coming soon specials on Ken Parker (13th August) and Cornel Campbell (20th August) featuring these classic artists in interview and some of their best as well as recent tunes!
Listen to my A Scorcha from Stephen T Reggae show on Wednesdays 6.00-8.00 on www.purple-radio.co.uk and for rare soul check Sunday Soul Soup 12-2pm

www.mixcloud.com/stephent/
southlondonstephen

Postby jb welda » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06 am

Dave thanks for that other link, I am downloading right now. it too wanted me to download some kind of flv player or something but I was able to get around it and do the download. this must be something about the way my computer is configured but I am very queasy about downloading random software not so much because I think it will contain malware or viruses but because whatever it is tends to want to take over your system and make it think this new whatchamacallit is its reason for being, blah blah blah. basically I hate to screw with what I got if I don't have the need and I don't need some dumb flv player to play a bleedin MP3 file!

Am really looking forward to listening to this show and really appreciate that people are interviewing and documenting these sort of foundation people. they got stories and they got music! thanks again steven and swingeasy!

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby southlondonstephen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 am

yes Bill there is a little box you have to click to not download that program. If you download it by mistake you can choose not to install it though. I should get another account though- rapidgator seem popular
cheers
Listen to my A Scorcha from Stephen T Reggae show on Wednesdays 6.00-8.00 on www.purple-radio.co.uk and for rare soul check Sunday Soul Soup 12-2pm

www.mixcloud.com/stephent/
southlondonstephen

Previous

Return to General discussion