Barbara Hannah on Stir It Up novel

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Barbara Hannah on Stir It Up novel

Postby David Cupples » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Barbara Makeda Blake Hannah, author of JOSEPH, a highly-regarded novel of Bob Marley and Jamaica, comments on Stir It Up: The CIA Targets Jamaica, Bob Marley and the Progressive Manley Government (a novel)

"David, your book is a fascinating tale of Jamaica in the Manley/Marley Seventies that has so much fact, you wonder where fiction ends and truth begins. I like how you tell the story through a young American schoolboy who happens to become Marley's friend while -- unknown to him -- his father is a CIA agent working to destabilize Manley. The Orange Lane fire, the Peace Concert, the elections and other famous events come to light in surprising ways. I was surprised that some ‘real’ characters appear, like Manley, his wife Beverley, Marley’s wife Rita and girlfriend Cindy, plus all the other characters of the politically turbulent times. But it’s all fiction—or is it? I found it hard to put down, a very accurate picture of Jamaica in its most interesting, formative times. Asks some interesting questions, makes some astonishing allegations. I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely a MUST-READ."

Stir It Up is available in Print and Kindle E-book on Amazon worldwide. http://www.facebook.com/StirItUpCIAJamaica
David Cupples

Return to General discussion